Eyes of all angles

It didn't matter how smart I was. It didn't matter how quiet I was or how patient I was. There was no way of escaping my fate.
  I awoke one night in the middle of the street. I didn't remember a thing. I figured I might have had too much to drink, but I didn't even remember drinking at all. I didn't feel hung over, either. I picked myself back onto my feet as I brushed myself off. My eyes scanned the area, but I could only see so much at one time. As I looked forward, I knew there could be something behind me. However, when I looked back, there could be something in front of me. I felt paranoid as I was left alone on the empty street with only a few street lights.
  I had definitely never been on this street before. It seemed like no one had been there in years. I wondered how I could have possibly even get in a place like this alone. I was always careful and smart about that everything I did, yet I was still in this situation I thought I could never possibly be in.
  I didn't want to just stand in the middle of the empty street, but I also didn't want to start wondering around not knowing where I was going. As I took a deep breath, I suddenly heard footsteps. My eyes widened before I ran towards an empty ally to hide. I clutched the side of the wall tightly as I heard the footsteps grow closer. I hid myself deeper into the darkness as I waited with my heart racing.
  I tried my best to stay calm, but I couldn't help but sweat. I couldn't even imagine how I got myself in this situation in the first place. I always made good decisions.
  My whole body began to tense as I saw something pass by. It appeared to be a human, but once I saw the face I knew I was wrong. It had the body of a human for sure, but it had eyes all around its head. There appeared to be about twelve eyes that circled its entire head. It walked slowly as I hide the best I could. I knew that my hiding spot would be fine if I was hiding from a normal person, but it could see from all angles. I slowly moved my body as I tried to make myself less visible. It felt like there was no point in hiding. That thing would definitely be able to see me no matter where I hid. All I could do was hold my breath and hope that the area I was hiding in was dark enough that it wouldn't be able to see me.
  I wanted to always have control, but in this situation I had zero control of what could possibly happen to me. I didn't want to believe it was true.
  I watched carefully as it continued to walk slowly. Its eyes then turned in my direction without it even moving its head at all. It stared at me for a moment as I stared back. There was no hiding. It could see me anywhere I could possibly try to hide. The only thing I could do was run but I didn't know where I would even run too. Not only that, but I hid in an ally, cornering me. I was frozen as we both stared at each other. Anything could happen and I wouldn't be able to react.
  It then leaned its head as it blinked several times. It then reached out its hand as it slowly made its way towards me. I began crawling away slowly, but I was quickly cornered against the wall. Every single one of the eyes in the front of its head looked towards me. I could no longer keel the brave, calm face that I had before. I was overwhelmed with fear.
  Let's just say that's how it all ended. I'd rather not talk about how it took my life. Let's just say that as a spirit I will never see again. It doesn't matter how stealthy you are or how smart you think you are. There's no hiding from something that can see you from any angle.