Christmas tree

It was only a few days until Christmas, and a young woman was in her new apartment. It would be her first Christmas in her new apartment since moving out of her parents house, so she was excited to decorate her tree however she wanted. It took her a while to get the tree inside in the first place, but it was worth it in her mind. She had bought all the lights and ornaments and couldn't wait to get started.
  She began to open a new box of lights to string around the tree. They were multicolored and would really make her tree stand out once she got them on the tree and plugged them in. She untangled the lights for a few minutes before going to grab a chair to stand on so she could reach the top of the tree. Most people told her to get a smaller, fake tree, but she was excited to do her Christmas tree how ever she wanted. In her mind, it was worth all the extra work.
  She placed the chair close to the tree before grabbing the lights. She wasn't very tall, so she had to stand on her toes, even on top of the chair. She made sure her lights were straight one last time before she began wrapping the lights around the tree. She started around the top and began to work her way down. She could hardly wait to see the tree.
  Her feet suddenly began to lose balance. She felt herself beginning to lose her footing, and quickly caught her balance. She let out a huge sigh of relief before continuing to string up the nights. It was definitely difficult to do the tree by herself but she was up to the challenge. She could've easily called someone to help her put up the lights on the big tree, but she was independent enough to live on her own, so she had to be independent enough to put up lights on a tree.
  She continued to wrap the lights, making sure they were even. As she wrapped them around, she noticed that her shirt was caught on a branch. She quickly yanked her arm back, causing her to lose her balance once again, she grabbed the tree to try to regain her balance, but instead it fell down with her. Once they both landed onto the hard wood floor with force, one of the branches were shoved through her throat, causing blood to gush out onto the floor with no one there to help.