Don't smile

A little boy and his family finally arrived at the beach house they would be staying in for a week. It was the little boy's first vacation, so he was extremely excited to spend time with his family. They unpacked their bags, and before they knew it, it grew dark outside.
  "I suppose we should get going to bed now. It's been a long day..." Sighed the mother as she sat down on the couch. "Come on, Mitchell. Time to go to bed,"
  Mitchell smiled as he followed his mother to the bedroom that he'd be sleeping in. He jumped onto the bed as his mother covered him with a blanket.
  "Sweet dreams honey," she whispered before she kissed him on the forehead.
   As she was walking out of his room, she turned her head and said; "I nearly forgot. Please, don't do anything except sleep tonight. Don't smile at all. You cannot smiled until you see the sunlight,"
  "Why not, mommy?" He asked.
  "Just don't, okay? Mommy just want to keep you safe. Just sleep tonight and do nothing else. That's all I ask. Understand?"
  "Yes, mommy," he said as he nodded his head.
  "Good. Sweet dreams, honey," she then closed the door. Mitchell could hear his mother's footsteps walking away from the door.
  He didn't understand what his mother meant. She was always laughing and smiling with him and always trying to encourage him to be happy, just like all mothers. He listened to his mother and closed his eyes, trying to go to sleep.
  Mitchell was awakened by a sudden thud. He opened his eyes and noticed there was a neatly wrapped present sitting on the foot of his bed. He figured it was a surprise from his mother, so he grabbed the present. He smiled in delight as he began to unwrap the present.
  He was confused when all he found was a pair of scissors. He then heard another thud. He quickly turned his head. Before he could react, a woman with dark eyes and bleak hair grabbed his face tightly, digging her figure nails into his skin. Her lips were cut off, reveling her yellow teeth.
  "I want your smile....I want you to feel my pain..." She spit out.
  She cut around his mouth with the rusty scissors. He attempted to scream, but the blood was starting to fill his throat. He choked on his blood as she continued to cut around his mouth.
  After a painful couple of minutes which felt like hours to Mitchell, she peeled off his mouth and took it with her. Mitchell bleed out before his parents discovered that he had disobeyed them. They were told by the owner of the house not to smile at night or else bad things would happen. They didn't know what bad things, until they saw his body.