Untamable fire

Looking into the flames at first sent a cold sweat through out my body. What started as a small kitchen fire had engulfed the entire house into flames. The screaming of fire engines came rushing towards the home as I stood there. There was nothing I could do to help. All I could do was watch. At least help had finally arrived to tame the flames and keep it from spreading and becoming deadlier.
The trucks came to a halt as firemen rushed out of the trucks and prepared to put out the deadly fire. The heat became more intense as I felt my cheeks grow red, even at quite the distance from the fire itself. The men began to yell towards each other as they began to spray at the fire. I watched in relief that the fire was finally being put to rest. No more lives would be claimed.
The men continued to fight against the raging fire but the flames didn't seem to stop at all. It was almost as if they weren't even doing anything at all. The flames grew higher as the air became more black with smoke. The air was thick and getting harder to breath in.
  The firefighters' faces grew worried as the flames continued to grow. Nothing was working. It appeared to be just a normal fire but nothing was stopping it. The flames didn't stop. They soon engulfed the next house as everyone helplessly watched. The firemen tried everything to at least slow done the fire or keep it in one place but all their attempts failed. The fire wasn't going to stop. It couldn't have been a normal fire.
  After a span of one day the fire continues to grow. It's unstoppable. It doesn't matter how much water or how little oxygen the fire gets, it still grows. There are many people who have lost their lives already and it doesn't appear to be stopping anytime soon. The fire will only continue to consume everything around it. There's nothing you can do when you can't stop the flames. This might even be the end of the human race itself if the fire isn't put out. But at this point, the oxygen is nearly impossible to breath.