Umbrella

It was a rainy afternoon. A man had just finished work, which was located only a few blocks away from his home so he typically walked there. He sighed in disappointment as he looked out the window. He hadn't brought an umbrella or anything to protect him from the rain, and he certainly didn't want to walk several blocks home in the  pouring rain. He hated rain, and besides, he could easily get sick by walking around the rain at night like that.
  As he was about to force himself out into the rain, he noticed a single umbrella propped up against a wall. He turned his head to see if anyone was around, but there was no one. Who ever it was should've kept it in a safer place if they didn't want it taken the man thought to himself. Without hesitation he grabbed the umbrella and made his way out the door.
  The sidewalks were mostly empty,which made sense considering it was late and pouring out. The rain began to get heavier, which made him even more grateful that he had decided to take the umbrella. It's not like he'd keep it, he planned on placing it back where he found it the next day. It didn't make him a bad guy he thought.
As he continued walking closer to his home, he began to notice less and less people. Not even just on the sidewalk, but in cars as well. It was like the streets were empty. It was certainly creepy, but he tried not to think about it. He was nearly home anyway.
He then noticed the rain was getting even worse. It was almost like a flood would soon occur. He quickly began to run, continuing to notice the empty streets. He questioned if he was in danger or just being paranoid, but it just made him feel better running to his nearby house. He'd be perfectly safe there.
He had made it safely to his doorstep before the umbrella suddenly snapped around his head with an abnormal force. It instantly took of his head as both his body and the umbrella with his now decapitated head dropped to the ground.