Easter eggs

It was the first Easter since my daughter had disappeared. I woke up with a sinking feeling in my heart. I missed her innocent laugh and the joyful expression on her face when she would find her Easter basket on Sunday morning. The holiday would never be the same in this family.
  My wife still prepared an Easter basket for her, filled with her favorite candies. We were both in tears as we stared at the basket.
  It was sunny outside, so we decided to enjoy the warmth. I was surprised when I saw that the yard was scattered with colorful Easter eggs.
  "Honey, I know you miss her but don't you think this is a bit much?" I asked her.
  "What are you talking about? I only prepared the basket for her..." she said, looking down at her feet with a worried expression.
  "Then how the hell did all these eggs get here?"
  I wondered out into the yard as I looked at all of the eggs. There had to be at least a hundred of them. I was feeling curious, so I decided to open up one of the eggs.
  I popped open the egg to find a piece of bloody flesh inside. I dropped it instantly as my wife gasped in horror. She opened another egg to find another piece inside. The last thing I could remember was finding my daughter's ring in one of the eggs and then blacking out.