Fifty Five - The Finale

____________________________________________________

“Do you love your friends?”

Sabay-sabay naman na sumagot ng ‘Yes’ ang mga batchmates ko.

“Very good. So have you told them lately that you love them?” Nakangiti kong tanong.

This is actually the last part of my speech. At talagang plano kong ilagay sa huling bahagi ang parteng ito.

“Friendship is one of the hardest things in the world to explain. It's not something that we learn in school. Although most friendships started in the four walls of our alma mater, just like how I've found mine.”

Tinapunan ko ng tingin sina Chan-Chan at Charlie.

And I smiled back sa pagngiti nila.

My bestfriends.

The people who are always there despite my shortcomings as their friend. Kahit sobrang fickle-minded ko, sobrang superior ko na sa kanila minsan at kahit hindi ako ganoon ka-open sa mga pinagdadaanan ko lately.

Kasi ayoko din silang mag-alala pa. Kasi alam kong kaya ko pa naman.

Yet, they still respected me kaya naman sobrang mahal ko talaga silang dalawa.

They are one of the reasons why I will miss Philippines. And hopefully, magka-bonding kami before we part ways para sa college life namin.

Hays.

“I think if I've learned anything about friendship, it is to hold them very tightly. Fight for your friends and let them fight for you. They will be at their weirdest any time of the day. And sometimes; they get grumpy and impossible to hang with. But stay connected. Don't walk away. And never ever take them for granted. They're the only persons who'll be there to share your stupidest moments... to share your pains and touch your wounds with their warm and tender hands…”

“To my best friends, Charlotte and Sebastian, I want you to know that I love you. Despite our differences, despite our imperfections. And I wouldn’t trade you to the whole world, because I know, God made you perfect to be my best friends…”

Tumingin ako sa lahat bago tinapos ang aking huling linya.

“To my fellow graduates, let us always remember this: Everything that we have done, every person that we have met, and every experience that we have ever had… is a part of who we are today. They add interesting layers to our being and colourful depths to our souls... everything needed to be so we could all grow. Thank you, and once again, congratulations to us all!”

Masigabong na palakpalakan ang natanggap ko sa pagtatapos ng aking speech. Nakakatuyo sa lalamunan, pero masaya din. Sumunod ang pledge of loyalty na pinangunahan ni Chang, then awarding at kung anu-ano pang anik anik. Hahaha.