Chapter 1 - First Day

Chapter 1

First Day

You know that kid who is always in the corner? Who doesn't really talk to anyone and is more absorbed in a video game? Well that kid is me. My name is Lance Brindley and this is my high school life...

---------------------------------------------

I stood in front of a smallish building with painted black letters stating that it was 'Fairfield High School' I ran my hands through my short dark brown hair then returned them to the pocket of my slightly faded black pull-over hoddie. What I was wearing was simple, my hoodie a pair of blue jeans, my old black trainers, one with neon pink laces, the other neon yellow-green, and one of my favorite t-shirts, it was light blue and on the top left was one of those 'Hello my name is...' tags, printed on, with 'Dave!' on it 'It's to confuse the teachers' I had told my Dad earlier this morning. But now I was not smiling, I wasn't even talking, I was just staring at the school, hoping no one would notice the uncanny resemblance between me and my Dad. I pushed my black framed, rectangular glasses further up the bridge of my nose and pushed open the door, the bell had rung ten minutes ago and I was late "Great first impression Lance" I thought then looked down at a small slip of paper with my homeroom number '122' I muttered to myself and headed towards it. When I found room 122 I knocked on the door and a boy around my age with short black hair answered it 'Oh my-' he started then sadden 'Oh your not him' and sat back down, my stomach filled with butterflies when I entered, all eyes on me, some uninterested, some gossiping, others looking me up and down, I slowly moved to the front of the class where the teacher was beaconing "Class" he said in a kind voice "this is Lance, he's new so be nice" I sighed in relief that he hadn't said my last name, and I took my seat next to a boy around my height with longish strawberry blonde hair, this comforted me to see someone who looked like someone I knew, he smiled at me as I sat down then whispered "I'm Owen, nice to meet you" and secretly pushed put a hand for me to shake, I shook it and said "Likewise." I sat out the rest of the class in silence.