Chapter 8 - Praise

Chapter 8

Praise

I was sitting in my dads office editing a video for Simon when my mum rushed in and said "We have to go to the hospital, now" "Is dad okay?" I said worried "He's more than okay, he's awake!" She said and I grabbed up my jacket and we both rushed towards Duncan's car, Simon and Duncan already waiting for us "Off we go then" Duncan said and revved up the car and we started down the street.

At the hospital I almost ran to my dads room but controlled myself and walked slowly, as I neared I saw a doctor talking my mum "Is something wrong" I asked "No, not at all" the doctor said and my mum told me to go in alone. My dad was sitting in his bed, propped up on pillows, his glasses on an he was reading the paper, he put it down when I entered and smiled "Hey Lance" he said I didn't say a thing, I just rushed forward and hugged him, like I use to when I was little. He chuckled and said "What's that for" "I was scared" I explained "that...that you wouldn't wake up" "Well I did and that's that" he said with a smile the changed the subject "Simon told me about your help" "Oh...well..." "He showed me it as well and I'm very impressed" he praised "Thanks!" I said , a grin appearing on my lips "I did everything you taught me about it" "I'm glad you did" he said "'cause between you and me, Simon does a pretty shoddy job" and we both laughed.

Just a little short bit I added 'cause I thought it was cute. Also if you guys have any suggestions for anything about the book you're welcome to message me.

Thanks for the votes and comments!

-Jo