Chapter 27 - The Architects Secret

Chapter 27

The Architects Secret

Saturday was my favorite day. It is the day I can hide out in my office room and be silent and alone. But today it wasn't silent because constant banging noises where coming from Paul's office, I had ignored them all morning but got fed up when one particularly loud bang caused me to spill my drink all over my keyboard, so after I had finished knocking out the juice from my keyboard I peaked into the little window that was on Paul's office door ad saw him punching the wall, not the one that separated our rooms but the one that had the window to outside in it.

I had never seen Paul this distressed so I gingerly knocked on the door "Go away I'm busy" Paul's exhausted voice issued from the room "It...it's Lance" I said and he looked up from the baseboards "Oh...come in if you must" he said and slumped down in his chair "Sorry for the-uh-the banging" he said, slightly distracted "Oh it's okay" I lied and he looked at me "What do you want" he said quite bluntly "Oh it's...never mind" I said and turned around, heading for the door "I'm...I'm gonna be...a...a dad" I heard from behind me and it made me freeze mid-stride "Pardon" I said "I have to tell someone, even if its just a teenager" Paul said and I turned to look at him, head in his hands and elbows resting on his desk "I...why are you telling me, why not my dad or-or Chris?" I asked, bewildered "'Cause you're here right now" he said "it's killing me I have to tell someone" he repeated "Is...is that what your fight was about" I asked nervously, not really wanting to get involved but still wanting to help "You heard it huh" he said, voice muffled slightly "Well it was kinda hard not to" I mumbled, shuffling my feet "Yeah that's what the fight was about" Paul said sighing "Anya found out a couple days ago..." "O-okay" I said, not mentioning that I had heard him say something about 'his condition' "Don't got blabbing about this okay?" Paul said, giving me a stern looks "I-I promise" I said and scurried our of the room, shutting the door behind me.

I sat in my chair, staring at the screen like I had done when dad was in hospital, just thinking. Why won't Paul tell anyone? What was this condition he kept talking about? I was interrupted in my thoughts by hearing my dads voice outside my room, talking to Paul. "Do you know where Anya is? I haven't seen her today" "Uh yeah...she...she went to visit family" I heard Paul said "Oh well...never mind then" I heard my dad say then heard soft footsteps walking down the hall and a slight creaking noise, almost like Paul had leaned against the wall. Then I heard a pained grunt and the squeal of fabric on wood, like someone was sliding down a door, Paul? I wrenched open my door and stood in the hall to see Paul slumped against his office door, head lolling on one of his shoulders, glasses on the floor and a hand clutching his chest "Oh my god" I said then yelled "DAD! DAD!" "Lance what is it" my dad said worriedly, rushing out from his office, I didn't say a word, just pointed to the passed out man on the floor "Oh god" my dad said and kneeled down next to Paul "Paul! Paul!" He said anxiously, shaking his shoulders slightly, all it did was make him slump further down the wall "Simon!" He yelled "call an Ambulance!" "Why?" Simon responded and came into the hall, upon seeing Paul his eyes went wide, he nodded then went back into his office to call the ambulance "What happened?" My dad said, still kneeling next to Paul but looking at me "I-I don't know...I just heard him sliding down the wall and thought to check if something was wrong" "Good, good" my dad said, distracted "why's he holding his chest?" He muttered under his breath. I was about to tell my dad what I had over heard about Paul's 'condition' but I got cut of by the wailing of sirens and paramedics rushing in to help the unconscious man, by then almost the entire office was in the hall, mum looked scared, as did most of the others, then I realized "Anya doesn't know" I said aloud, mum turned to me "You're right" she said "I'll call her now" and she hurried off. 'What was going to happen now' I thought as the paramedics dashed around.

Hia! Hope this one was oaky for you, now you know a bit more about the argument and Paul's 'condition'. Hopes you liked it!

Comment if you got my little reference from the TGS Podcast that Simon was on ;)

Thanks for all the support!

-Jo