Chapter 7 - The Editor

Chapter 7

The Editor

Over the next few days Simon had me editing lots a videos, I knew why, he wanted to keep my mind off Dad in the hospital, and it did work. I was editing lots, some that where going to be posted and some that weren't, I even edited a couple videos I had made, not that I was gonna post them, I didn't even have a YouTube account, but Dad had said when I turned 15 (which was next week) I could get one and post content, that had me excited.

At school was a completely different story. Since the principal had let slip my surname I had been bombarded with people asking me questions, mostly about SOI, which got really annoying. At the moment I was at my locker talking to Chris (Sips' son) he looked a lot like his dad, accept he had short light blonde hair instead of black, he looked a bit like a young Bob Newhart "It'll blow over" he was telling me about when he first came the high school and had had the same experience as me "They'll give up after a bit" then he left to go with his friends and I ran as I heard someone say "Hey Lance!" "Leave me alone!" I said but the recognized the voice and turned to see the ginger hair of Nifer "Nifer!" I said and smiled "What's up?" I asked her "Not much" she said as we walk together down the hall "You?" "Oh same old same old" I said "I've been spending most is the time on the computer" "Oh" Nifer said then unexpectedly said "Sorry 'bout your dad" I looked at her shocked "You'd you know 'bout my dad?" "Uh...Owen told me" she said playing with her hair "Well thanks then" I said awkwardly "I guess you know who he is then, if Owen told you" "Yep" she said and we entered the class in silence.

I sat in a fork of branches in the birch tree outside the school, Alan and Owen sitting with me "How's your dad" Alan asked, trying to spark conversation "Good" I said "they think he'll wake up in a few days" "Your rides here" Owen said pointing to a dark blue car and Duncan sitting in the drivers seat "Oh, well see you guys tomorrow" I said and jumped down from the tree ad headed towards Duncan.

Back at the tree Owen and Alan watched him go "I still can't believe it" Alan said "No kidding" Owen said and the conversation ended.