More Secrets

Chapter 26

Here's the huge library.

"What! What's their real name then?" I asked.

"The so called 'Aaron' is actually a guy named Jason, and Garroth actually didn't change his name. He was so confident we wouldn't get caught."

"And here I thought I could trust you," I complained.

"You can it's just that I had to be called Laurance in case I get caught trying to bring you back home. Anyway, end of tour I don't feel like showing you around anymore."

"Fine! I'll just explore myself. While you can sit down and be a couch potatoe."

"Hey! Potatoes are delisious just so you know."

After that conversation I couldn't agree more that potatoes are delisious, but that's not what I meant!

I walked down a long corridor and found a library. It was huge and I was not exaggerating. There was this huge dome window that substituted for a roof and also a spiral staircase that brought you to the second floor. The walls were filled with books, but at on of the corners on the second floor there was a door. I tried to open it, but it was locked. Well what did you expect. The door to fly open leading to a secret underground passage. Nope, that's not how things work you always have to take the hard way. Giving up on the plan for now I saw a really old book. It seemed to be glowing. It intrigued me. It had no title and no cover, but it looked so fascinating. I went to open the book when something grabbed me from behind.

"You must never open that book," an old lady said. "It is very dangerous."

The lady had poise and grace I'm sure in her youth years she was a beautiful young lady. Hesitantly I asked her "Who are you?"

"You don't remember your own grandmother! Well I shouldn't blame you. You left the kingdom when you were fairly young. But it does dissapoint me."

My face flushed in embarrassment. Wouldn't you be embarrassed too if you couldn't remember you own grandmother. It's not like I don't remember her at all. I still do its just my memory seems like its been messed with.

"I still remember you it's just I haven't seen you in a long time," I defended. "Anyway why won't you let me open this book it seems rather interesting."

"You don't need to know why. All you have to know is don't ever touch that book."

For some reason this made me want to see what was in it even more. I would have to sneak back in here. I wasn't really a person who listen just like that. My grandmother's eyes seemed grand. What did I expect everything seems grand about her that it kind of makes me jealous. I left the library taking a big book about magic with me.

I went to my room and studied the book a little bit.

While I was walking down a corridor I accidently stumbled on a training room.

There were all kinds if gym equipment there. There we're dummies and swords. While a separate room off to the side which I guessed was the magic room. I decided to follow the instructions on the old book. Itvwas going all great and I even had fun doing it. It felt like I was dreaming and I didn't want to wake up.

After 2 hours I was getting a little tired. I can't believe grandmother owns a gym. I didn't think she was the type to train. My thought was cut short when suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

Could that be grandmother? No it couldn't be. Why would she find me here? It's probably one of those bad people that want my so called magic!

I hid next to the door so I could attack when they came in. When they actually did I realized it was Ryan, but my hands were too fast and attacked.

"Oh, hey Aphmau, I wanted to give you...ow what was that for!" he shrieked.

I immediately started apologizing. I didn't mean to do it on purpose. "I'm really, really sorry, Ryan. I thought you were a bad person. I'll do anything to make it up to you."

"Anything huh..... "

And that's a wrap. Why did this take longer than it should to write. Hm...maybe because I was being lazy. Anyway, what do you think Ryan is going to ask Aphmau to do, and why wouldn't Aphmau's grandmother let her see the book. Well, look for more on the next chapter. Bye :)

😪😭😄

Word Count: 781

Date: May 23, 2016