Chapter 86

Laura's POV

I wake up and go to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and see an unattractive girl that no guy wants. Ugly hair, ugly face, ugly body, everything about me is ugly. Why did I think someone like Ross would want to be with me. He didn't want to be with me the first time. I get in the shower and let the hot water run over my body.

I then get dressed and do my makeup to cover my unattractive face. I do my hair to at least look decent. Today, I have a meeting and Ryder's coming home. I don't want to see Ross when I go downstairs. I have to see him anyway because he's staying here for an entire month. Why oh why did I agree on letting him stay with me? He's not going to want to stay with unattractive girl like me.

I decide to go downstairs and hope he's not awake yet. I walk in the kitchen and to my luck, he's sitting down eating breakfast that James had made. They both turn and look at me. I avoid eye contact with him.

James: good morning ms. Marano

Laura: morning, James (he passes me my breakfast)

I take my breakfast, James turns off the stove and leaves us to eat alone. I sit on the breakfast bar while Ross is sitting on the dining table in the kitchen. I eat my breakfast hurriedly so I can leave and go back to my room until it was time for me to go.

Deciding I didn't want to finish my breakfast, I threw my leftovers away and put my plate in the sink. While I was putting my things in the sink, I could feel Ross's eyes on me.

I leave the kitchen while I was walking towards the living room, someone knocked on the door. I opened the door and it was Ryder, Dani, and Rocky.

Ryder: mommy!

Laura: baby, come here! (I picked him up and gave him a hug)

Laura: hey guys (I say to Rocky and Dani. I hug Ryder more)

Rocky and Dani come in.

Laura: do you guys want to eat breakfast?

Rocky: sure

Laura: what do you guys want to eat?

Dani: anything is fine (I nod)

We go to the kitchen, when we enter Ross was looking at us.

Ryder: daddy! (I put him down and he runs to Ross)

Ross: hey buddy (he hugs him)

I go to the fridge and take out some eggs and bacon to cook for Dani and Rocky.

Laura: what did you guys do yesterday?

Rocky: we went to the movies, we played some games.

~•~•~•~•~•~

It was now time for me to leave for my meeting across town. I finished cooking for Rocky, Dani, and Ryder. Ross and I still haven't talked to each other, we'd lock eyes at some point, but I'd always look away.

Laura: I have to get going to my meeting bye guys.

Rocky: bye Laur

Laura: bye rock (I give him a hug)

Dani: bye Laurie

Laura: bye dans (I give her a hug. I go to Ross and Ryder)

Laura: bye baby boy, I love you. (I kiss Ryder's cheek)

Ryder: bye mommy, I love you (he hugs me)

I give Ryder a smile, I take my purse and leave the kitchen and the penthouse.

Ross's POV

The whole time Laura and I didn't talk or looked at each other. Everything went back to how it was when I first got here. Awkward.

I love Laura, but when she said she didn't want to get back with me, it hurt.

Rocky: what was that?!

Ross: what?

Dani and Ryder were in the living room.

Rocky: I thought you asked her to get back together with you.

Ross: you thought.

Rocky: what happened last night?

Ross: she said she couldn't.

Rocky: what?! What do you mean she couldn't?!

Dani: who couldn't? (Dani says walking in the kitchen)

Rocky: Laura. She didn't want to get back with Ross

Dani: what? (She says shocked)

Ross: yeah

Dani: trust me, I know Laura and the way she looks at you is something I never seen in along time. She's love struck Ross. I see it in her.

Ross: then why did she say no to me?

Dani: I have no idea, but what did she say?

Ross: I asked her and she said Ross I can't then the waiter came with our desserts

Dani: did the waiter come before or after she said that?

Ross: during.

Rocky: the waiter came when she was saying it?

Ross: yeah

Dani: she was probably cut off from him! Ask her again Ross!

Ross: I don't know. She said it herself she couldn't. So why even try? (I get up and leave the kitchen to go with Ryder)