Chapter 103

Ross's POV

After the meeting my siblings and I had with the label, I went to the daycare that I had dropped Ryder at and took him home. I had a fun day planned with him. I changed to some comfortable clothes and I took him to the park. We were going to play football.

Ross: buddy, want to play football?

Ryder: yeah!

Ross: ok. You stand there and I stand here. (I say while walking backwards.)

I was at a pretty good distance from Ryder, not too far and and too close.

Ross: ready, buddy? Catch! (I threw the football and it dropped on the ground but he caught it)

Ryder: daddy, I got it!

Ross: good job Ryder! (I say clapping)

~•~•~•~•~•~

After playing football in the park, I decided to take Ryder to an ice cream shop. We went in and I ordered us our ice creams. I got cookie dough while Ryder wanted rocky road. When we got our ice creams, we sat down and ate them.

Ross: do you want to go to the toy store afterwards?

Ryder: yeah! (He says licking his ice cream)

Ross: are you having fun so far?

Ryder: mhmm. Mommy would have fun too, if she was here. (He said looking down)

I know he misses Laura, and so do I. I wonder what she's doing and how she is.

Ross: don't worry, we'll see her in a few days. And I'll call her today so we can all talk ok?

Ryder: ok.

While we were eating and talking to each other, someone called my name.

???: Ross? (I turn my head to see Brie)

Oh gosh, what does she want now?

Ross: uh hey Brie (I give her a fake smile)

Brie: oh my gosh, how are you? I haven't seen you in such a long time. (She says smiling)

I hate her guts for what she made me do. She's the reason why Laura left in the first place. I know it was partly my fault, but she was the one who seduced me and later, I found out she drugged me.

Ross: yeah, uh if you don't mind I- (she cuts me off)

Brie: of course, I don't mind sitting with you. (She grabs a chair and sits next to me)

Ross: uh no, that's n- (I was cut off again by Brie)

Brie: you should really try my ice cream it's really good. You know, just like me. (She says winking at me)

Ross: I think you sho-

Fucking Brie keeps cutting me off! I'm trying to tell her to leave and not to come near me. I hate her so much, if she wasn't a girl, I'd punch her already.

Brie: maybe you should come over later tonight (she puts a hand on my chest while saying that)

I take her hands off my chest and scoot away from her. Yet, she scoots closer too me. I look in front of me and see Ryder isn't there anymore. He must've left, oh god.

Ross: where's Ryder?

Brie: you mean the brat with blonde hair? Yeah he went outside a few minutes ago. (With that, I got up and walked outside)

Ross: Ryder, where are you?

I start walking looking around frantically, moving my head side to side. I need to find my son. I decide to walk to my car so I can look for him. As I was walking, I see a boy crying by my car. I squint my eyes to see it was Ryder sitting down crying and rubbing his eyes. I quickly run up to him and kneel down.

Ross: Ryder, buddy what's wrong? (I try to carry him, but he pushes my hands away)

Ryder: no!

Ross: what's wrong?

Ryder: I don't want to be with you, I don't like you! (That shattered me)

Ross: why? (I asked hurt)

Ryder: you don't love mommy! I don't like you! I hate you! (That hurt me even more.)

Having your own son saying he hates you hurts. And seeing him cry hurts even more.

Ross: Ryder, I love your mom so much and I love you too.

Ryder: no, you don't love mommy anymore.

Ross: why would you say that? Of course I love your mom.

Ryder: why was the girl touching you? (He says crying)

Ross: Ryder, I promise I don't like her. I hate her! I love your mommy more. I won't love any other girl, like how I love your mommy. I promise. I love her very much.

Ryder: you do? (He says sniffling)

Ross: yes, I promise. Don't cry anymore, I don't like seeing my big boy cry. (I wipe his tears and nods)

Ross: d-do you still hate me? (I asked hurt. He hugs me)

Ryder: no, I don't hate you. I'm sorry daddy. I love you. (I hug him back and carry him)

Ross: I love you too, buddy. (I kiss his head)

Ryder: I get it if you don't want to take me to the toy store anymore. (He says with a sad tone and I chuckle)

Ross: of course we're going. I said I was going to take you to the toy store and I will. I always keep my word and promises, remember that.

Ryder: I will, sorry daddy for saying I don't love you.

Ross: it's ok buddy. I know you didn't mean it.

Ryder: I don't because I love you thhiiiis much! (He opens his arms as wide as he could, I laugh while he smiles)

Ross: thanks buddy, I love you this much too (I say copying his actions. He laughs and I smile at him)

Ross: let's go to the toy store now. (I hold his hand and we walk to the toy store)