Chapter 110

Ross's POV

I heard Laura and Ryder's conversation yesterday. Now Ryder hates me. I'm such a horrible dad and husband. I'm horrible at everything. I go downstairs to see Ryder and Laura setting up for breakfast. Laura hands Ryder and I a plate. I sit next to Ryder, but he moves across the table and I sigh, Laura notices.

Laura: Ryder, go sit with daddy.

Ryder: no

Laura: Ryder. (She says sternly)

Ryder: no mommy. (I sigh)

We eat the breakfast in silence. I didn't even eat all of my food. I was picking at it, I really didn't want to eat. After Laura did the dishes while I did my own.

I looked outside and see Laura and Ryder playing in the backyard. They look so happy, I sigh and go upstairs. I lay down and turn to the night stand. I see a picture of Laura, Ryder and I smiling widely. I take the picture and stare at it.

It was the day we decided on going to the beach and wanted a family photo. I was carrying Ryder, while I had my arm around Laura. I was kissing her temple while she was closing her eyes smiling, looking at my direction. Ryder was looking at the camera with a big smile, we looked so happy.

Laura's POV

Ryder and I were playing outside. I felt bad that Ross isn't here, but Ryder doesn't want to play with him at all. He doesn't want to go anywhere near Ross. I tried to talk to him about it, but he won't listen. He's stubborn, just like Ross and I.

Laura: buddy come here (I was sitting on the grass)

He went up to me then sat in front of me.

Ryder: yeah mommy?

Laura: sweetie, why don't you want to be with daddy?

Ryder: because he hurt you.

Laura: but don't you see, you're making daddy sad.

Ryder: but he hurt you though.

Laura: don't think about that right now, buddy. I'm fine. It's going to go away soon. You have to know that daddy loves you a lot.

Ryder: I know, I love him too. I'm just scared he'll hurt you or me.

Laura: he won't do that. Trust me. (He nods)

Laura: that's my boy. Now why don't you go upstairs and go to daddy. I'm sure he missed hanging out with you. (He nods)

Ryder: mommy? Aren't you going to come with me?

Laura: no, it's fine. I'm going to stay here and enjoy the sun.

Ryder: ok (he goes inside the house and I lay down on the lounge chair)

Ross's POV

I was laying down in bed, thinking how horrible I am. The two most important people to me, hate me. Tears were coming out of my eyes, I regret doing everything I did to Laura. I was so mad. I couldn't control my anger, I had to hit something. Unfortunately, she was in front of me and I lost it.

The door opens and I hear a little voice.

Ryder: daddy? (He climbs on the bed. He sits next to me)

Ross: hi buddy what's up? (I wipe the tears that come out of my eyes)

Ryder: why are you crying?

Ross: because you and mommy don't love me anymore. And I hurt your mommy so much. (He hugs me)

Ryder: daddy, I still love you. I'm sorry.