Chapter 87

Two weeks later

Laura's POV

It's been two weeks since the whole date thing happened with Ross. Nothing's the same. We're still not talking or looking at each other. When we're with Ryder, we'd only talk to him or say a few word to each other, but Ross and I aren't having conversations. Dani's been trying to talk to me about it, but I'd always change the subject. I don't why he's acting like that since the date. Today, Dani and Johanna are coming over to talk about the store that Johanna found.

I'm making breakfast for Ross, Ryder, and I. James has a day off today and tomorrow so I'm I have to do everything, not that I'm complaining. Ryder is on one of the stools on the breakfast bar helping me with breakfast. Ross is probably still sleeping, I don't know.

Laura: here you go, buddy (I give him his plate)

Ryder: thanks mommy

Laura: you're welcome baby boy (I kiss his head)

Laura: are you excited for the sleepover today?

Ryder: yeah! It's going to be so fun

Ryder and his teammates are having a team sleepover at one of his teammate's house. They have that every month and they take turns at each other's house. Next month, is Ryder's turn so his teammates are sleeping over. The coach does that as a team bonding experience.

Ryder and I are leaving soon because it's a birthday party/ sleepover so we have to be there. While Ryder is at his sleepover, Dani, Johanna and I are going to look at some stores that Johanna has found here. Then, in a few weeks, we'll be flying to LA to check out the stores there. I honestly can't wait to go back to LA.

Laura: finish up Ry, we have to brush your teeth and I'll drop you off at the party ok?

Ryder: ok mommy (he gives me his plate and goes upstairs)

I put his plate in the sink and go upstairs to Ryder's room. I help him brush his teeth. I get his bag and he holds the present for his friend. He went downstairs while I went and grabbed my purse, before I went downstairs, I stopped by Ross's room. I knocked on his door. He opens the door and I have to catch my breath, he was shirtless.

Ross: what?

Laura: Ryder and I are leaving, there's breakfast for you downstairs. I won't be back till tonight, just letting you know.

Ross: uh ok (I nod and go down the hallway to the stairs)

Laura: come on Ry, it's time to go. (I say while going downstairs)

Ross's POV

I was in my room just thinking. Laura and Ryder have been up for a few hours. I didn't want to go downstairs, it'd be awkward between Laura and I. I still love her and seeing her in those fitted dresses she wears, they drive me insane. She looks so gorgeous in them.

Someone knocks on my door and I open it. It was the beautiful Laura. She was wearing one of her form fitting dresses and her heels. She looked wow, from head to toe.

Ross: what? (It came out harsh, it wasn't to come out like that)

Laura: Ryder and I are leaving, there's breakfast for you downstairs. I won't be back till tonight, just letting you know.

Where are they going?

Ross: uh ok (She goes down the hallway to the stairs)