Chapter 98

Laura's POV

Ross is going to start painting Ryder's bedroom. When he goes and buys the paint and the things he needs to paint, I'm going to take Ryder with me and pick up the family's gift for the announcement.

Ross is leaving in a little bit, it's almost afternoon. Ryder and I are ready and I might just leave earlier since Ross is probably going to be fast.

Laura: Ross, Ryder and I are going to go somewhere (he comes to the living room)

Ross: where are you going?

Laura: I'm just going to pick up a few things for the new store.

Ross: alright, do you want me to drop you off? (I pick up Ryder)

Laura: no it's fine. I have to go to a few stores, I won't take long though. I'll probably be back before you.

Ross: ok

Laura: bye, I love you (I peck his lips)

Ross: I love you too, bye buddy, I love you

Ryder: bye daddy, I love you too

I leave the house and buckle Ryder in his car seat. I go to the driver's seat and start the car. I drive off to the first store. That's where I'm getting Stormie and Mark, Rydel, and Vanessa's gift. Then after I have to go to a different store to pick up Ross and the guys' gifts.

Ryder: mommy where are we going?

Laura: we're going to get something for daddy, your aunts, uncles, grandma, and grandpa.

Ryder: what are getting them?

Laura: it'll be surprise.

~•~•~•~•~•~

I picked up all the gifts for everyone. They were in a huge shopping bag. I pull up to the house and Ross's car wasn't there. He was still out. I unbuckle Ryder from his car seat and we go in the house.

I take the big shopping bag in our room, but I take out Ross's gift. We go back downstairs to the living room and wait for Ross to come home.

Laura: Ryder, when daddy comes in the living room, I want you to give this to him ok? (I give Ryder the gift)

Ryder: ok mommy. What's in it? (He looks at the box)

Laura: you'll see when daddy comes back ok? (He nods)

The door opens and Ross's voice filled the house.

Ross: I'm home!

Laura: Ross, can you come to the living room please?

Ross's POV

I pull up to the house, I see Laura and Ryder were back. I take the things I bought from the hardware store and unlock the door. Once I close the door, I tell them I'm home.

Ross: I'm home!

Laura: Ross, can you come to the living room please?