Chapter 125

Ross's POV

I get waken up by my phone ringing. Laura stirs in my arms.

Laura: Ross answer your phone (she says groggily)

I reach for my phone and answer it.

Ross: hello....ok I'll be down. (I put my phone back on the bedside table)

Ross: babe, I'll be back I'm gonna go downstairs. (She nods)

I put my pants on and jog downstairs. I go to the foyer and open the front door.

Ryder: hi daddy

Ross: hey bud. How was school? (I say rubbing my eyes and closing the door)

Ryder: good.

Ross: we'll do homework later, you can go play for right now.

Ryder: yes! (He runs towards the stairs)

Ross: no running on the stairs, Ryder! (The running stops)

Ross: thanks for picking him up, mom.

Stormie: I'm happy to bring him. What's going on? (We walk to the living room and sit down)

Ross: Laura isn't feeling to good. She had stomach pains earlier. She said she never experienced with when she was pregnant with Ryder.

Stormie: hmm, that never happened to me either. Where is she?

Ross: she's upstairs sleeping.

Stormie: do you know which part of her stomach hurts?

Ross: no, but it got so bad that she started crying. I don't like seeing her in pain, mom.

Stormie: I know sweetie. No one ever wants to see their loved ones in pain. Trust me.

Ross: what do I do?

Stormie: every girl is different during their pregnancy. But the best thing I can tell you is to just be there for her. Even though she might snap at you, just know she doesn't mean it. (I nod)

Ross: thanks mom

Stormie: no problem sweetie.

Ross: where's dad?

Stormie: business trip. It's just me at the house for a few days.

Ross: do you want to stay here?

Stormie: no, no I'm alright.

Ross: well, can you at least stay for dinner?

Stormie: of course. I'll help Ryder with his homework, haven't helped with homework in a while. (I chuckle)

Ross: I'm glad you enjoy it, because I absolutely don't like it.

Stormie: trust me, once they get older, and they start to homework by themselves, you're going to ask them if they need help. Like I used to do to you kids.

Ross: Ryder's growing up really fast.

Stormie: yeah, I know. Now go back to Laura and stay with her. I'll go and get Ryder started on his homework.

Ross: ok, thanks mom (I kiss her cheek)

Stormie: your welcome

~•~•~•~•~•~

Laura's POV

I wake up in Ross's arms and I see the light in the room is orange which means that it's sundown. It's almost night time. Shoot! Ryder! Who picked him up? I shake Ross so he can wake up.