Scary Movies

After we went swimming, we all decided to watch a movie. Since Emma and Eric were guests, we let them decide. Emma said anything was fine so it was up to Eric. Eric searched on our recordings list and chose the movie The Conjuring. There was only one problem, I am seriously afraid of horror movies. I had never told anyone, but I was pretty sure at least my brothers knew and just didn't push me. 

So just as Eric was starting I said "You know what guys? I'm feeling a little tired." I faked a yawn. "Might go to bed early tonight." 

"Why don't ya just sleep here on the couch?" Emma asked, patting the spot next to her.

"No, thats alright. My bed is much comfier." I said. 

"Wait, Dakota it's only 8:00!" Blake said. 

"I guess I'm just young and need my sleep." I said, disgusted with myself, but not willing to watch even a second of the Conjuring. 

"Wait!" Eric said, realization lighting up in his eyes for the first time ever. He gasped. "Are you afraid of scary movies?" He asked in delight.

"No!" I protested, putting my tongue in my cheek. "I'm not! I mean, I don't like them, but its not cause they're scary, it's just that I- I mean, I don't, and I'm just tired." I finished. 

My brothers and Eric just smiled evilly. Eric said "Okay, well if you're not scared, then just sit and watch with us." he said. "No!" I said again. "Come on guys." I said as Eric and Dylan stood up. They walked over grinning, each grabbed one of my arms, and dragged me over to the couch, where they plopped me down between them. I tried to get back up and they shoved me down again, now laughing. I curled into a ball, with my legs in front of me. 

"I'm not scared." I said. "Then you won't mind watching every second right?" Eric asked. "How about we make a deal?" he asked, smiling. "No." I said. He continued " You have to keep your eyes open all throughout the movie, and I won't punch you," he offered. "But, if you close your eyes for even one second, I will." I knew my brothers would never let me live it down if I said no so I finally nodded, agreeing. 

He smiled, turned the lights off, and hit play. And it was terrible. I shrunk back at practically every scene, and my arms turned full black and blue from all the punches that Eric and Dylan gave me. Even if I just blinked they would sometimes punch me, saying it "took too long." At one point I even tried using a pillow to block my face but Eric just ripped it away, laughing. Finally the movie ended, and my eyes were permanently stuck open in a shocked expression. I also felt like I was shaking.  

"Funny thing, you sure look awake now!" said Eric, ruffling my hair as he stood up. Emma finally broke free from Eric's arm and came over to hug me. "It's okay, girly, its okay." she said as she rubbed my head. "It was just movie, thats all." she added. My brothers just laughed at me. Then, Eric grabbed my arm and dragged me off the couch. He took me into the hall while my legs seemed to follow with a mind of their own. He then in the blink of an eye, opened the door to the basement and shoved me in. I suddenly woke up from my trance. 

The door shut behind me and locked me into the pitch black room, as I stood on a staircase that led to who knows where? I pounded on the door as hard as I could. All I could hear from through the door was Eric holding back Talen and Emma and the others laughing at me. I began to cry in pure fear, thinking of the Conjuring and the darkness behind me. All of a sudden, the door opened and I flew out. I saw Dylan first so I leapt into his arms and didn't let go. 

I had a full on death grip and continued to hold tighter  as he and the others laughed. 

"Aw, were you scared of the monsters in the basement?" Nick asked.

"Oh my god, she was so effed up that she went to you first!" shrieked Eric with laughter. He clutched his sides and then Talen and Emma came over to me and tried to help. After a little while, I calmed down until I was just sniffling. Emma and Eric had to leave but they promised they'd be back in the morning to say goodbye before they left town again. I just nodded and stayed attached to Dylan as if by super glue. After they left, everyone said good night to me and Dylan took me to my room. 

When we got to my bed, he stood above it and scraped me off of him. I fell into my bed curled up in a ball. Dylan began to leave and then turned back. "You know, you could've just admitted that you were scared of horror movies. " he said. 

I answered "Would you really have let me leave if I had?" I asked.

"Probably not." he admitted, smirking. 

After a pause, I asked him "Why do you guys all hate me?"

He chuckled, and said "Oh little baby kota, we don't completely hate you!" he said, winking. "We only ever hurt you because we're just trying to toughen you up for the real world." 

"Well does it have to always hurt so much?" I asked, only half joking.

He chuckled again and then looked down at his phone, frowning as he went to the door. He then said goodnight, leaving me to replay the movie in my head over and over again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The above picture is how Eric would look.