Beach Day

I was reminded the next day when I woke up that it was Fall Break for our school, meaning we'd get both Monday and Tuesday off. You don't know true relief until you wake up thinking it's a Monday and you realize it isn't a school day. 

I woke up in Dylan's bed but luckily he was still asleep so I snuck out early and hoped that he forgot about it. 

Downstairs, I popped a bagel into the toaster and then sat in a chair to wait, crossing my legs on the chair. In a minute, Blake was downstairs and he came with news, Eric and Emma were coming over today.

"Why are they coming over?" I asked him, half with excitement and half with annoyance. (Half thinking about Emma and half about Eric). 

"Actually, they thought it would be fun to maybe go to the beach with us or something." He offered with a smile.

"YES! Can I invite Chris?" I asked, opening my eyes wide and trying to beg. 

"NO!" he said. He still remembered the Love you thing. "This is a family only event."

"Fine." I agreed. It would still be fun, I loved the beach. 

"When are we leaving?" I asked, excitedly.

"We're leaving in a half hour and then we'll pick them up on the way. You can go get ready and I'll get the others up." he answered. 

"Great!" I squealed, pulling my forgotten bagel out of the toaster and throwing it on the counter. 

Then I ran up to my room and changed into my swim suit. Then I threw some short but not too short jean shorts over that and a cute tank top. First I brushed my teeth and hair so i wouldt look like a beach bum, then I found a bag and filled it with my towel, sunscreen, and all the other necessities. I played music while I finished getting everything ready and then I danced happily out of my room. I decided to go check on my brothers so I went to see Talen and Nick first. They were both getting ready to go too, so I left and went downstairs. 

I went to the kitchen to eat the breakfast I missed but it was already eaten by someone. Those animals. 

After sitting, bouncing on a chair for a while, Blake walked to the door and said "TIME TO GO EVERYONE GET IN A SEAT NOW!" and left to the car. 

I followed him out, and then saw that the front seat next to Blake was open. I raced over, with my flip flops flapping noisily on the ground, and made it. I threw open the door, got in, buckled myself, shut the door and then locked it. No one was stealing my precious seat from me.

Blake unlocked the door from his side and smiled at me. "You're sitting on someone's lap, Kota. Until we can afford a bigger car which is probably never."

"So?" I said.

"So, go in the backseat. So a cop doesn't pull us over." he said.

"Alright." I grumbled, unbuckling and climbing into the back. At least I'd have my own seat until we got to Eric and Emma's. 

After a minute, Nick raced and got into the front and Dylan and Talen climbed in next to me. We began driving and I looked over at the boys swim suits. Then mine. My brothers were wearing shirts right now, but how again was it fair that guys didn't have to wear shirts? Everyone felt the heat... 

My expression must've looked weirdly angry because Talen's eyes flickered over to me and he started laughing.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked. 

I lied and mumbled "Nothing."

Dylan leaned over, putting his huge weight on me and said "Probably thinking about some scary monsterssss."