Stuck

School for the next couple of days was boring, but at least school started on a Wednesday. A three day week didn't sound that hard. 

I stopped thinking that after I was assigned multiple projects, presentations, and took an extremely hard test on Wednesday. 

On Thursday things cooled down a bit, and I managed to get most of my work finished early that night. 

I walked downstairs in the same soccer shorts and old jersey I normally wore and then I ran into an issue. Well, he ran into me. 

"Oh! I apologize, I was just trying to grab my jacket!" James said as he reached past me to grab it from the front area. 

"Ummmmmmmmm, that's o-okay.." I said uncertainly, in utter shock that my coach, Coach James, was in my house. And not wearing a soccer uniform, although that part made sense. My eyes were wide and I wasn't entirely sure of what to say, but luckily he seemed a little shy about it too. 

He smiled at me and I followed him back to the living room where he evidently had been sitting with Dylan and watching a stupid guy movie. 

Dylan nodded his head at me as I sat beside him and said "James is here." 

"Thanks, I got that." I said back sarcastically. 

James smiled at me and I smiled back, awkwardly scratching my arm, before noticing something. There were 2 cans of beer on the table. 

"Dylan! You're not allowed to have beer! And it's Blakes!!" I said with wide eyes. 

"He doesn't need to know, and he's out right now." he said with a smile, grabbing it and taking a sip. 

I smiled evilly but before I even said anything he turned to me. 

"Don't you dare tell him Kota!" he warned, pointing a finger at me. 

I smiled and said "Sorry, but that's not very convincing. We could... make a trade though?" 

"How about the trade is I won't kill you if you don't tell?" he asked, raising a fist.

James suddenly started laughing and said "What??" He didn't expect the sibling relationship we had clearly. 

"Told you he was mean." I muttered. 

Dylan turned to his new friend and said "Sometimes when Dakota thinks she's in charge or something, I have to prove her wrong. She's not very good at remembering."

"Shut up! You're not the boss of me!" I said, getting closer and shoving his arm.

"Exhibit A." Dylan said with a smile before turning back around to face me. 

Then he held up a fist and threw it straight for my face. I ducked and fell back to the couch and curled up into a ball to protect my stomach and fact, preparing for more, but nothing ever came. 

I looked out from my protective armadillo form and saw Dylan and James laughing.

"I have her trained well, clearly." Dylan said with his usual idiotic arrogance. 

My eyes flashed dangerously and I growled. No way. Without any warning, I jumped up from the couch, grabbed Dylan's beer, and took a swig of it. 

I set it back on the table and despite the fact that it tasted disgusting and I didn't like it at all, I smiled hugely. 

James looked shocked. And a little impressed, I'd like to think. 

"Tell me you did not just take a sip of that." Dylan said in a low voice.