Still Going

I sat in my bed, eyes wide and looking around for any disturbance or noise. The boys had made me watch yet another horror movie, but this time I was supposed to sleep in my bed alone. And actually get sleep. And no nightmares. 

Was this what growing up was? Because if so I'm not too sure that's what I want anymore. 

I texted Chris, even though it was 1:49 and he answered almost instantaneously. The twins always kept him up, I thought, smiling. 

What if demon monster guys find me and kill me?

I asked.

Horror movie again? 

Always :(

Its just a movie silly girl. 

A SCARY movie!

It's getting late tho! You need some sleep. Stop thinking about the FAKE movie, and think of happy things! Like kittens and pizza and soccer. Your favorites;)

Haha okayyyy. Night then<3 (You're on my list too)

Dakota, you are my list.

He finished with, making me blush and forget all the bad things. I set down my phone and the dark seemed to be a little further away from me. 

My door creaked open slowly interrupting my thoughts and a dark head popped in. I almost let out the loudest shriek of my lifetime until I realized it was just Nick. 

"NICK! YOU BIG DUMMY YOU SCAR-" I cut myself off and changed paths, "Made me nervous!!!" I whisper yelled. My heart was going faster than a bunny with caffeine and my ears were drowning in the sound of it.

He walked over to my bed and sat by my feet with a smirk. "Sorry I scared you Kota, but I was sent to check you were sleeping."

The sarcasm dripped from my words. "Oh yeah, for sure. I'm fast asleep dreaming about happy unicorns riding clouds." 

"Did little Kota get scared of another horror movie?" he teased with a mean chuckle. 

"NO!" I protested, sitting up and scooting a little closer to him, counterproductively. 

He rolled his eyes and moved so he could sit next to me on my bed, while I cuddled into his side a little. For protection only! Just in case! Not scared. 

"You need sleep." he whispered.

"You need sleep too but you're not in bed!" I argued back. 

"I'm older." he said.

"Not by that much!!!" I answered quickly countering him. 

"Are you arguing with me?" he asked in a low tone, using the scary voice I forgot he even had.

"Nope." I said quickly, curling up more and then stifling a yawn. So sleepy. 

"Good." he laughed a little and brushed a hand through my hair, knowing that it calmed me always, and with one last pull of the blanket over me to make sure demons could not harm me, I drifted off. 

"I told the guys you wouldn't sleep unless one of us was with you." he muttered to himself, shaking his head but smiling. 

"Sorryyyy." I mumbled. "Love ya, big monster." I said, hugging him more and then finally falling asleep. 

~ ~ ~ 

I woke up alone in my bed and got nervous until I pulled back the curtain and the light poured in. Happy sunshine. No more bad dark...