Fireworks

PIC ABOVE IS DAKOTA :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -

I waited in my room, basically sitting around until it was about 15 minutes before. Then I walked downstairs excitedly. The rest of my family was dressed nice but nowhere near as dressy as me.

"Whoa, classy. Why ya so dressed up?" Nick asked.

"It's the New Year, I wanna go into it in style." I said, giving a twirl. He shrugged, allowing it, and I walked into the kitchen. Dylan and Blake were spilling our bags of chips into a bowl and I smiled.

"Need any help?" I offered.

"We're good." Blake said with a sly smile.

"What's so funny?" I asked, as Blake walked around the island over to me.

"You're all dressed up." he said with the same smile, as he flipped my hair around jokingly.

"Ugh. Stop obsessing everyone. I dress pretty sometimes." I said.

"I know, I know." Blake said defensively. "Just, you look good, Dakota." he added sweetly.

"Ooh, my full name. Nice change of pace." I had definitely noticed that everyone had started primarily calling me by my stupid nickname. And I was getting used to it so I just accepted it now. "But thank you." I said, hearing the compliment then.

He smiled at me and then walked out of the room. Dylan, who was standing behind him, started fake hacking. "Shut up." I said, walking out of the room while he followed. Suddenly I heard the doorbell ring.

I ran over and opened it to see Taylor.

"Hey Taylor!" I said.

"Dakota! You look so pretty!" she said, leaning down for a hug. I hugged her back and then Dylan pushed us apart with one arm and said "My turn." I backed up and he hugged her quickly once and then kissed her passionately. "Gross. PDA!" I said, looking at them eating each others faces. Dylan pushed my head away with his other arm and I walked away. Then the doorbell rang again.

I opened up the door, and shifted around Dylan and Taylor. Aubrey smiled at me from the doorway and said "Hey Kota! Where's Blake?"

"Why do you need him? Ready to party hard tonight? Having your New Years kiss early?" I teased, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.

She blushed and bit her lip. I smiled and called Blake down. He sprinted quickly down the stairs and over to her, almost knocking me over in the process.

I walked aside to leave all the couples and Eric came down stairs and sat in the living room with me to wait on his phone.

"No girlfriend coming?" I asked Eric.

He looked at me. "Do you really wanna ask that?" he threatened in a low voice.

"Just saying." I added to it. "No girls out there that are desperately in love with you? None that just can't get enough Eric at school?" I laughed. 

Then abruptly, he stood up, picked up a couch cushion and threw it on me. He then sat back down, but this time on top of then cushion. Curse him for being double my height. And 1000 times my weight.  

"GET- Off. Of- me!" I yelled, trying to breathe with him on my stomach.

He laughed and stretched back more. I heard the doorbell ring.

"Eric! That's... Probably - Luke!" I yelled. He laughed more and said "That's what ya get."

I looked out from behind Eric's giant back and saw Luke, dressed in a white collared shirt with a light brown leather jacket over it. Blake must've let him in.