Princess

My week was filled with a rush of soccer and doing my work, like always, but it appeared to be ending on a good note. Friday night, Chris texted and asked me if I'd like to go get breakfast with him on Saturday, and maybe after meet his little siblings, and his dad. It may seem scary, but truthfully I was more excited than anything else. Chris had held me off from meeting his family for a while and I was worried that it was because he wasn't actually that close to me. But this proved otherwise. He did care.

I woke up at 8AM for him and hoped he would subconsciously realize he was the only human I would do that for on Earth, on a Saturday. Blake kindly gave me a ride over to this cute brunch-y place I had never been to before and Chris said he was already inside. I ran in over eagerly and searched for him, trying to focus through the customers and the over-poweringly delicious smell of pancakes.

After a minute, I noticed him looking out the window in the back corner, sitting in a cozy booth. He was wearing dark jeans and a dark gray v-neck with a maroon beanie lightly placed on his brown hair. I tried not to just jump across the table and kiss him as I got closer. I slid in across from him and he turned to me from the window with an eager smile. I tried to act casual.

"Hi." I said with a soft smile.

"Hey cutie. How are you?" he said, passing me a menu.

I blushed and said "Good! Besides walking up at the ungodly hour of 8... I was glad you texted me."

He laughed and said "I'm glad too. I can't wait for you to meet my little brother and sister, and I love getting to spend time with you away from... everyone."

I knew that like me, he too remembered the kissing in the grass incident and Dylan's reaction.

"Yes I love being away from... everyone, too." I agreed, slightly angrily. 

A nice young waitress came to our table at that point and asked us what we would like to order. She seemed especially interested in what Chris wanted for some reason. After we told her everything, Chris passed her our menus and her hand lingered a little too long on his. I kicked him under the table and he winked at me. So he had noticed too! 

She tried to sell him on the dessert specials after that, despite the fact that it wasn't even 10 in the morning yet!! I shot her a dirty look but she didn't notice, too busy still looking at Chris. 

I kicked him in the leg and he just smirked. Then he, appearing absentmindedly, reached across the table and grabbed my hand. He held it in his and his thumb rubbed little warm circles on the back of mine. She seemed to finally notice that and she backed off a little but remained irritating. 

After possibly not even thirty seconds more of her oozing her grossness onto him, I coughed loudly and said "That's all the help that my boyfriend will need, thank you very much."

Chris nodded to her and smiled at me. 

The waitress backed off at that point and walked away with a slight glare in my direction. I shot her a smug smile and waved a little. Yes, my food would probably be spit in. 

I turned to Chris ready to yell but stopped in surprise. He was laughing. 

"Christopher!!!" I called him his full name angrily.

"Babe!" he repeated back with a mock angry face that broke into a laugh. 

"You- You were egging her on!" I hissed at him. He smiled a little more.

"You knew you were????" I asked furiously.

"You're cute when you're jealous, I couldn't help it!" he said. "And I wasn't egging her on exactly, I was just not reciprocating!"