Presents!

I woke up when the movie ended.

"Whah's happenin?" I asked groggily, while everyone stood up.

"Time for bed." Blake said, "You fell asleep during the movie."

"Oh right." I said, looking through the dark at him. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, pushing down on Dylan to raise myself.

"Wait!" I said, hopping off of Dylan.

"What?" Nick said, confused.

"Cookies!" I yelled in explanation, running to the kitchen.

I got in, grabbed a cute plastic plate shaped like a snowman, and poured some Chips Ahoy chocolate cookies onto it. I then poured a glass of milk and brought it with me, setting it on the ledge dividing the kitchen and living room. Blake looked over and smiled.

"Nice." Emma said, looking at the plate as well.

I smiled and then looked over at the clock on the oven, 12:00.

I turned around with my arms outstretched. "Merry Christmas!" I said, with a smile, looking over the empty stockings, beautiful tree, and cute presents.

"Merry Christmas." Talen and Nick answered while Emma said "Yay!"

Dylan tiredly said "Whoopee." as he shuffled over to the stairs. Eric and Blake followed as I skipped up behind them. I went into my room with Emma and we got comfortable. Although I felt like I could barely sleep I cuddled into my warm, thick blankets and eventually drifted off.

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

I woke up and ran to the window. The outlines of other houses and roads were pitch black and the sky was light blue with pink clouds. The sun had just hit the horizon and was rising slowly. It must be about 6:30 A.M. I pulled on some fuzzy socks because my feet were freezing and walked outside my room quietly, so as to not wake anyone. My parents had made a rule years ago that I still followed. Rule is: I am allowed to go downstairs to look through my stocking, but no present opening or waking up anyone else until at least 7:00 A.M.

I tiptoed down the stairs and ran over to my red stocking. I reached in and one by one pulled out a few good smelling Chapsticks, some mascara, rings, cute socks, a novel (Divergent), and an iTunes Giftcard for $10. I admired all my stuff and read Divergent for a while, soon falling in love with Four. After a little, I put all my stuff back then to protect it from my vulture brothers, not that they would want mascara or socks. But the gift card must be protected. I stood up and checked the clock, 6:58. Perfect! I checked that the cookie plate and cup were empty and smiled, and then I sprinted up the stairs, trying to stomp. I went in to see Dylan and Eric first, because I had learned my lesson from yesterday.

In an effort to be polite, I lightly tapped both of them on the shoulder and said "Christmas time guys."

They groaned but agreed to sit up, I'd like to think they were a little excited too. Next, I went in to get Emma and she woke up easily, and promised to get the others up while I got a chance to check out the gifts. I went back downstairs and started inspection. I saw all of them glittering under our tree.

I saw my present to Dylan and all the others and I started shaking them, guessing, and checking the name tags.

Soon, all of my family was downstairs and spread out.

"Ok, Kota, let's do this." said Blake as he sat beside me under the tree. "Who wants to go first?" he asked.

Although I might seem like the type to immediately raise my hand in the air and possibly jump around, I actually like to do the opposite. I find that on Christmas the most enjoyable part of it is giving to your family and seeing their faces as they open their gifts.