Prank War

"Yes!" I said, excited. We had done prank wars before but normally it was all of the guys against me. This time would be different. 

"Teams?" Talen asked, looking to Blake. 

"Yeah, who wants to be with who?" he said. 

I turned behind me to Dylan and said "I'll stay with Dylan, if that's cool with you?"

"Sure." he said, nodding. Yes! Finally I had someone who was good on my team! Dylan was easily the second best in the family, right behind Blake, who was amazing. 

Nick spat "I'll be against them, I don't care who I'm with." angrily gnashing his teeth.  

I looked at his green hair and couldn't help but laugh a little more. 

Blake said "I'll be with Nick, then. Talen, what about you?"

Talen turned to my team and said "I think it would be more fun to fight with you guys so I'll be with Blake and Nick."

"And we get Chris, for tonight." I added, since he was sleeping over. A lot of pranking could happen in 24 hours. 

"Cool. Game on." I said. 

"Just to remind everyone of the rules," Blake said "You can't do anything permanent, or extremely harmful."

After this, the rest of the guys ran upstairs to plan for tonight. It will probably be full of surprises. 

I stood up carefully and sat next to Chris on the couch. 

"I'll go get my stuff." Dylan said, heading upstairs.

"He has a bag filled with stuff he uses to prank people, mostly me." I explained to Chris. The second Dylan left the room, Chris scooted closer to me and attempted to lift my shirt up. 

"What are you doing???" I asked, shocked. 

"Checking on your bruise!" he said, looking at my side and pressing his warm hand onto it like a heating pad. 

"Oh." I said softly, blushing as his gentle hand brushed against me. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, inspecting it.

"I'm fine. I'm kind of used to this." I said honestly. 

"Used to what?" he asked with concern in his eyes.

"Being... hurt. By my brothers." I said, shrugging my shoulders. Chris looked somewhat surprised. "You never noticed?" I asked.

"I kind of always thought they were kidding. Or at least, not going to hurt you that badly."

"It's fine, Chris. They only do it when I sort of deserve it, or to protect me." I admitted. 

Chris double checked my side and then dropped the side of my shirt down. "Well, if you ever need me. Or I can help you, call me." he said honestly. 

Just before I could thank him, Dylan walked into the room.  

"Sorry that took so long!" Dylan said. "But I had to avoid all the others."

He dropped his bag full of whip cream, fake props, fake money, and much more onto the couch besides him. Then he said "Ok, let's start."

Chris and I smiled and turned to face him. 

"First, let's talk fears. We'll name ours and theirs so we know what to expect and what to dish out. Kota, you first. What are you afraid of?" he said. 

Ok, you already know, but I'm afraid of...

nothing, never mind. " I said hastily, looking at Chris.