Find your way

We got out of the car and Dylan threw me some toilet paper. The others each got some rolls too and we crept over to the kids house. We got to the house and then I paused. I don't know how to do this.

I looked at Dylan and he laughed when he realized and said "Figure it out, kid."

I turned towards Chris and he just followed Dylan and said "You can do it."

I looked to Taylor last and she smiled and said "I'll help you."

She grabbed a piece of the toilet paper then demonstrated stretching out an arms length. Then she grabbed the still rolled part and threw it, over the large oak tree out front. I held up my roll and shook out a piece. Then I held that end and chucked the other side over the tree too. It spiraled up and swirled, covering the leaves in a beautiful white arc.

"That. Was. Awesome!" I said, grabbing another roll.

"Wait, you have to use the other end of the roll." Taylor said, walking me over to the other side of the tree where the roll remained. I threw it back across and it left another beautiful streamer.

"WOO!" I said, pumping my fist in the air.

"Kota! Shut up!" I heard Dylan hiss from across the lawn.

I quieted down immediately.

Taylor smiled and whispered "Don't worry about it."

I smiled back and we continued decorating the yard until Dylan called "Ok, finished! On to house 2!"

Taylor and I threw our last rolls around and then, silently laughing, sprinted back to the car.

We all got in, shutting the doors quietly, and then Dylan started the car. We cringed at the loud roar of the engine and the bright lights, and then we drove off.

"To the next house!" Dylan called out, when we were far enough away from the house, leading us in a cheer.

When we got there, it went the same as last time, except Chris and I worked together to elaborately cover some huge topiary bushes. When we were finished, we high-fived and then went to the gate and began.

We heard a scary dog bark from the houses backyard so we finished our work and then ran to the car.

"Two down! One to go!" Dylan said, starting the car again.

"Who's house now?" I asked, as we left the street we were on.

"Lily Montgomery." Taylor said, with a vindictive smile. "And you have a reason to get back at her too. Don't ya Kota?"

"Well," I thought about it, "Not.. really. But she did seem mean. So I'm there."

Dylan drove with us for a while until we got to this very upscale neighborhood. Out the window, I saw mansions lining all the streets. The road suddenly turned to cobblestone bricks and it was slightly bumpier. Dylan slowed the car down now and at last parked. He pointed our direction to a huge house, with a wrought iron balcony, large fountain, and beautiful grassy lawn. Of course this is where the spoiled girl lived. We each grabbed some rolls and crept over.

"Dibs on the fountain." Chris called. Taylor said "I'll take the trees." Dylan looked to me and said "Then I guess we'll take the balcony. Good thing you're light."

"HUH?" I asked in a whisper. He laughed and motioned me to the side of the house. I followed him over and he pointed to a tall ivy trellis along the side of the mansion. It led straight to the balcony.

He said "Just climb on up, and then tie this paper in loops around the balcony, OK?"

I looked up at the huge height and grimaced.