New Years Eve

The next morning I woke up and was surprised. I woke up and saw a dark hulking shape above my bed and my room was almost pitch black.

I heard Dylan say "Good morning, sunshine."

"Dylan? What are you doing in here?" I asked, throwing my pillow at him for waking me up.

He caught it and said "Just checking up on you." with a smile.

"Why?" I asked, squinting at the bright light that he turned on in my room.

"Just wanted to remind you about the party tonight. Hope you'll be able to stay up all night so you don't embarrass yourself in front of a bunch of high school kids and your family." he said, walking over to the door with a grin. Suddenly I realized what he was trying to do. I looked over at the clock.

"Dylan, you asshole! It's only 5:43 AM! Why do you hate me?" I shouted.

"Don't curse, Baby. It's like a kitten trying to bark. Adorable, but doesn't make sense." I growled as he walked out the door, laughing. He gave me a small wave then walked out of the room, leaving the lights on.

I yelled at him to turn it off but when he didn't return I stood and got out of bed. I walked over to the wall and flicked them off, with my blanket still wrapped around me like a dress. I then walked back over and fell face first onto my bed. It was super warm and I was comfy but I just couldn't sleep after being so awake. Instead, I went on my phone and explored Twitter and Instagram until my eyes got blurry and I fell back asleep.

What felt like minutes later, I was awoken again. And it was the very same idiot who woke me up before.

"Dylan! Get out!" I shouted.

"No, no." he said, laughing. "This time Blake wanted me to wake you."

I looked at the clock and saw that it was noon, but I must have been on my phone for hours because I was not rested at all. I got up and even though I was in my pajamas I put on my K necklace. Dylan smiled slightly when he noticed and then I followed him down the stairs.

At the bottom, I saw the door open and Blake, Emma, and Eric walked in.

"Emma! Eric!" I shouted, leaping into Emma's arms.

"Kota, we've only been gone for a week." Emma said, chuckling.

"I still missed you." I said, I then turned to Eric.

"I even missed you, you jerk!" I said with a smile as I hugged him too. He then wrapped his arms around me and squeezed until I was literally out of air. I started coughing and gasping for air so he dropped me and I choked out "Never mind."

"Aww we missed you too, squirt." Eric said, ruffling my hair.

"Stop." I said to him simply, as I walked over to the kitchen. "Why are you guys so early? The party isn't until later." I said.

"We wanted to come by to help out before." said Emma.

"Well, cool." I said.

I had a breakfast/ lunch with the others, that consisted of frozen waffles, and once we finished, we sat on the couch. I sat on the floor and then Emma broached the topic of New Years Resolutions. Emma didn't know herself but asked us all what we wanted.

Blake admitted "I want to focus a little more on myself." That made sense, he did tend to focus on all of us and not himself, ever. I smiled at him encouragingly.

Nick said "I want to get into college and major in Theater." He was applying for college this year, and Dylan should be getting his acceptance or rejection letter this year.