Babysitter

Saturday morning I woke up and looked to the door to see Dylan walking in and standing beside my bed.

He said "Now, we're even." He held up his phone to me. My eyes squinted groggily but eventually focused, to show a sent text to Chris. It was one of my many terrifyingly ugly baby pictures. I got up slowly out of my bed and slowly said "Dylan. As you know, I hate you."

He nodded with a smile and said "Well, there are some consequences that come with dating my best friend. This is one. "

I walked over to him and said "Run." He laughed loudly and took off, with me chasing him this time, down the stairs, past Blake, through the kitchen, out of the house, and over our gate into the backyard. We ran along the grass and reached the concrete. 

I put some more speed on and then took a large step, and bounced up onto his back. He was in the process of opening the back door so he staggered back, until he sprinted back in to the living room and tried to shake me off. I held on tight, and wrapped my arms around his neck, pinching him as hard as I could. He yelped, but was still laughing, as I swung my fist out and punched him on the head. Then I felt arms pull me off of him. Blake pulled me across his arms  and held me in his iron grip, so I couldn't move. He pulled my hands under me and held them together so I couldn't fight.

Dylan turned to Blake and said "Thanks." Then he leaned over me and tapped my nose with one finger. I fake growled at him with clenched teeth but pulled back when Blake yanked me down. Dylan said "Good Baby." and I flipped out. I dramatically rolled out of Blake's arms and dived at Dylan, until Blake once again pulled me back with one hand.

"What happened this time?" he asked tiredly.

"Dylan sent Chris a bad picture of me!" I said, "And he threatened to do worse!"

Dylan said "Dakota stole my best friend and tried to date him."

"And succeeded." I said, holding my head up with a smirk.

Dylan looked down and said "We'll see." and I spit back "Dumbass."

Blake painfully clapped his other hand over my mouth and I just glared. Then Blake asked "Are you going out with Chris this weekend, Dakota?"

"No, he has some family events." I grumbled, detaching myself from Blake's arm.

"Oh, ok." he said, lost in thought.

After that, we all split up to do whatever, and I spent the day mostly texting my friends and then doing nothing. To start, I texted Reilly and told her I was okay with her and Nick. I didn't want any secrets between us. Then, I texted Chris to say Sorry for the terrible picture. I sat around for the rest of the morning until around six, I walked out of my room and downstairs to see Blake looking somewhat prepared to go somewhere. He pulled the keys off the hook hanging on the wall.

"Why do you look like you're leaving?" I asked curiously.

He looked nervous and said "Actually, we're going out." Dylan, Nick, and Talen walked down the stairs and into the room behind him.

"Oh? Where?" I asked, confused. Why didn't they just tell me?

"There's this movie premiere tonight for 'Midnight Murder 2' and we knew you didn't want to see it with us and it goes really late so we'll be going out." he said in a rushed sentence.

"Ok! Have a good time!" I said. I got to stay at the house without any of the boys, late at night? Score!

They went over to the door and Blake said "Go to bed early! A pizza is on the way and moneys on the counter. And, be safe!"