Cleaning up

Saturday morning I woke up with some light pain in my ankle but nothing immensely painful. It throbbed slightly but nothing I couldn't handle, or walk on. Remembering my agreement to Nick, I first texted Reilly, and said 

D: Hey Ri, I know this is random but just wanted to know how everything is going with you and Nick rn lol. 

I tried to keep it casual and joke-y so she wouldn't feel bad about telling me the truth, I wouldn't be mad. 

After that I sent a text to Chris. 

D: So, we're still good for tonight?

I received an answer almost immediately, although I had texted Reilly first and still had received no response.

C: Yes we are. I can't wait to see you, gorgeous. 

I blushed a little, still, and sent back 

D: You better not get me in trouble ;) 

I was half joking. Should we go? We could get in so much trouble. 

C:  Sweetheart, we'll only get in trouble if we get caught.

My heart raced a little at that and I sent back my message immediately, before I lost my courage.

D:  Well then I can't wait to see you there. Meet ya at 2.

He sent back a response and it was a plan. 

I walked downstairs with my phone in my hand and heard yelling coming from the kitchen. 

"Talen, you moron, I KNOW you ate it just admit it!" Dylan yelled. 

Talen screamed back, then attempted to lower his voice to match Dylan's pitch and tried again "I told you I didn't eat anything!"

Wow, a fight over food. They were such guys sometimes. 

I tried to move around Dylan's hulking shirtless figure that almost entirely blocked the doorway but had to step back to avoid his fist that came seining out as he yelled again. 

"You loser! I get one cheat day this week, just one, and I was saving that stupid slice of cake. NOW JUST FREAKING ADMIT YOU ATE IT SO I CAN KILL YOU!" he yelled.

My eyes widened and mouth opened dropped open a little. Slice of cake? Chocolate on chocolate with that one beautiful red strawberry on top? My bad.

 I backed away quietly and spun around to try to leave but I crashed into the mass that was Blake. He grabbed me by the shoulders and said "Whoa! Slow down! What are you doing?" 

I smiled, trying to seem natural and said "Me? Nothing at all just left my phone upstairs."

He looked at me with tightened and suspicious eyes and I smiled and forced out an incredibly lame chuckle.

I realized something then and shot my hand behind my back but he just caught it, and then laughed.

In my hand was my phone. I'm just smart that way I suppose. 

He grabbed it and let out a laugh. 

"Gosh Kota, sometimes you just make it so easy on me." he said with a laugh at my stupidity. 

"Glad I could help." I snarkily said back, baring my teeth. 

He just chuckled and holding me by the shoulders he pushed me into the room. We saw Dylan holding Talen by the collar with a fist up at this point. I did feel a little bad about that. 

"What are you guys talking about that scared Kota off?" Blake asked with a smile.

Dylan turned to explain and then understanding lit his eyes.