Tied Up

A few days passed and I soaked up and spread as much holiday cheer as I could. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday and you could say I get a little fanatic. 

Today, I woke up fairly late surprisingly and then marched down the stairs happily. I saw Dylan, Eric, and Nick on the couch, playing some kind of video game so I went and stood straight in front of the screen, filling up as much space as possible.

"GUYS!" I trilled, loudly. "GUESS WHAT? AS OF TODAY, THERE'S ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!" 

That's right. It was Christmas Eve Eve. 

The boys just groaned and told me to move. Well, not everyone in my family has the christmas spirit that I do.  I stayed firmly planted as they tried to play their game around me. 

"GUYS! TODAY IS SPECIAL!" I said. 

Nick said "Thanks for remembering, Kota!"

Huh? I thought back. Ohhhh yeah, his play was tonight too. I was just talking about christmas eve eve.

"Uhh sure thing." I said to cover my mistake. 

"BUT IT'S ALSO CHRISTMAS EVE EVE!" I squealed. 

"Get out of the way, squirt!" Eric yelled angrily, while he tried to crane his neck to see around me. 

"Gosh, you guys just don-" 

I was cut off by my beast of a brother picking me up.

"What are you doing?" I asked politely, while Dylan carried me over a few feet to the closet.

All of a sudden, he shoved me inside, grabbed a scarf from the bar that held our jackets normally, and tied it around my hands. I was attached to the bar. I tried to pull away, assuming it would be easy, but  found that I was stuck and couldn't even move my hands off of it an inch. 

He began backing out of the closet and flicked off the light.

"HEY WAIT!" I said, as he started to shut the door. 

He reopened it slightly and smirked at me. "You can celebrate and get out all of your Christmas cheer in here." he said mockingly. 

Then he shut the door, effectively trapping me in the pitch black room. 

I tugged at my hands but it was impossible to see how to remove them without the light on.

I resorted to yelling wildly for about 5 minutes until my voice was hoarse. I just heard laughing from outside. Then I had a great idea. 

I smiled evilly and yelled "YOU WANT CHRISTMAS CHEER? I'LL GIVE YOU CHRISTMAS CHEER!"

I began to belt out all the best christmas classics from All I want for christmas is You to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. If I forgot the words, I just repeated the chorus, knowing that would make them furious. After belting my heart out for about 10 minutes I finally heard cursing and someone stand up. 

"HA!" I yelled, as the door opened, and my eyes blinked to adjust to the bright light. 

Then I felt another scarf wrap around my mouth and gag me and I screamed. 

"ASSHOLES!" I yelled through the fabric, which made it come out more like "Arshphulms!"

I heard Dylan call back to me "Love you too, Baby!" 

I began muttering angrily. 

I was stuck randomly tugging my hands away and trying to breath for about 5 minutes. Then the door opened up. 

I looked up to see Blake, who was smiling hugely. He ripped the scarf off of my hands and mouth and then pulled me out. "Oh, Kota." he said. "I knew something was wrong when it was quiet." 

I rolled my eyes and went over to Dylan. 

I sat down next to him on the couch and said "An 'I'm sorry' would be nice." with a glare. 

He said, "Alright, I'm waiting." I laughed, as if I would give him one!

I waited for a minute, fuming, but after he didn't speak and continued to just play, I huffed and left the room, deliberating walking directly in front of the TV on my way out. 

After a little while, it was time to get ready for the play so I got into the car and texted Luke where and when to meet us. Once we were all ready, we hopped in the car. I sat on Emma's lap and while we drove, Nick prepped us. 

"Okay you guys, what will you not do when were there?"

We knew the drill. "We won't embarrass you." 

He said "Good, and what will you do when the play ends?"

"Cheer politely, and then wait in the car." We answered like a herd of animals. 

"Good." Nick said, sighing and trying to straighten out his Scrooge costume. 

"You scared?" I teased, leaning over to poke him. "Got a little stage fright maybe?"

He smacked the back of my head really hard and said "Shut up!" Ok. I'll give him a pass cause he's probably super nervous for the play and doesn't want anyone to notice. I leaned back and then soon we were there.

We all got out and Nick tried to run inside, with a wave and an "Enjoy the play!" Eric tripped him as he ran away and then shouted "Break a Leg!" with a loud laugh as he stumbled.

Nick flipped him off and then ran inside. 

We got in line and then all these cars started flooding the school entrance. Out of one, Luke hopped out. He calmly strutted over to us and hugged me. 

"Hey." he said, waiting in line with us. 

Then Taylor showed up, and began locking lips with Dylan, in line. 

Lastly, Aubrey showed up and stood politely next to Blake. We waited in the line for a few minutes but because we came so early to wait, soon we were in. 

We were some of the first people in the theater so we had our choice of seats. We all followed Blake to his favorite seat, in the very front center row. We barely fit along the whole row but just barely managed. 

I sat between Luke and Eric so naturally I leaned more towards Luke. Luke awkwardly backed away from Eric too and I bet he remembered what happened the last time he saw him. I smiled at him and squeezed his hand supportively. He smiled back at me while the other rows of seats filled up. When all the seats had someone in them, the lights dimmed and I sat back, ready to watch the show.