Chapter 01 | Encounter

Huh?

Your eyes twitch. For some reason, you couldn't move your body. Even though there is nothing wrong with your body, you couldn't move. You burst open your eyes, suddenly feeling very uneasy about your current situation. It is pitch black and you can't see a thing.

"Hehe, looks like we will have food for days! Be sure to load everything edible onto the ship."

"Woah, look at that crate over there! It's pretty big, I wonder what's inside. Let's take a look."

Uh oh. Those voices don't sound very friendly.

You hear footsteps getting closer. You realise that you are trapped in a wooden box for some bizarre reason. You try to wiggle around in this tiny space but soon the lid opened and the light momentarily blinds you.

"Strange, there's nothing inside the crate. Wait... what... there's a girl in this crate!"

A buff looking man stares at you surprised. His comrade comes closer and lifts you out of the crate.

"Not what we expected but I'm sure this girl will be useful for something. I'm going to take her to Lady Alvida."

Just when you were about to tell them to let you go, a barrel exploded next to you. "AHHHHHHH!" a little boy wearing glasses screams. You were shocked as well but you couldn't react fast enough to let out a scream on your own. The two men who were holding you get ready to fight. You step back and see a black-haired boy wearing a straw-hat standing where the barrel exploded.

Was he also trapped? Someone must have kidnapped us!

The men charge at the boy but in a split second they were lying on the ground, defeated.

That was awesome...

You look at the boy, amazed by his strength. He doesn't look like a guy who could fight. And also, his big smile looks fairly innocent. While you were thinking about the whole situation, the straw-hat boy was talking with the other boy.

"Where's this place?" the straw-hat boy asks.

"H-How... W-Why were you inside a barrel..." The glasses boy looks scared. He is stuttering and his whole body is shaking.

"A lot happened," the straw-hat boy says with a wide grin. "I'm Monkey D. Luffy, the man who will become the Pirate King!" the straw-hat boy exclaims while striking a confident pose.

Did he just say Pirate King?

"W-What?! I-I-Impossible..." the glasses boy comments, now stuttering even more.

"Well that's an ambitious goal," you say without showing any emotions. "My name is Y/N, nice to meet you Pirate King."

The straw-hat boy, or rather Luffy, starts laughing at your comment. Seeing him like that you couldn't help laughing with him.

"AHHH! When did you get here?!" the glasses boy screams at me.

"What do you mean? I was standing here the whole time," you ask confused.

"Haha you are a weird guy!" the straw-hat boy says, now laughing even harder.

"So you accidentally boarded a pirate ship and now you are forced by Alvida to work for her?" you summed up the glasses boy's, or rather Coby's, backstory he just told you.

"Why don't you just escape?" Luffy asks.

"B-Because it's impossible!"

Ah, there he goes again with the impossible thing...

"THERE HE IS!"

You hear the voice of one the guys Luffy beat up earlier. You try to remember when those two sneaked away but you get thrown out of your thoughts when you hear a loud thump. Suddenly the wooden roof gets smashed into pieces and a rather big woman appears.

"Coby, what's the most beautiful thing in all the seas?" the lady asks.

That must be Alvida.

"T-The most... beautiful t-thing in the seas i-is... NOT YOU, YOU HAG!"

You are surprised by Coby's sudden confidence and a little impressed, to be honest. A light smile begins to form on your face. It took you a while to notice that this is not the right time to be proud of what Coby has said. Alvida is pretty angry hearing his rude statement. "You little brat!" She yells as she smashes down her iron club.

Oh no!

You close your eyes as a reflex, afraid to see Coby flattened by her. Slowly you open your eyes and to your surprise, Luffy blocked the attack with his head.

"It's useless against me because my body is made out of rubber, heh."

Even though his face is covered by his straw-hat, you could clearly see him grinning widely. In the next second, Luffy threw back his arm, extended it and punched Alvida right in the face, sending her flying. All of this happened too quickly for you to comprehend.

He really is awesome.