Chapter 07 | Bird

"I'm hungry..." Luffy whines.

It's been two days since you've last eaten. This is going to be a big problem if you don't reach an island soon. None of you have any navigation skills, which makes this situation inescapable. You sit up and look at your two miserable travel companions. An idea pops up in your head.

"Once we get to an island, I reckon the oldest should treat us to a big meal. Everyone say how old you are," you suggest, smirking at them.

"No. I am not doing this, there is no way you two are older than I am," Zoro says with his eyes still closed.

"Just tell us your age," you huff.

"19."

"Hah! You're paying for the food then," you say victoriously while pointing at him. "Luffy and I are the same age, 17. Thanks for the treat!"

"Oi, you tricked me! You already knew Luffy's age!" he sits up and shouts.

"You should've listened to his story." You hold back a laugh. His exaggerated angry expression is too funny. "Luffy, did you hear? Zoro is buying us food."

"...Food?" Luffy opens his eyes and sees a bird flying through the sky. "Looks tasty..." He jumps up and faces us. "Let's eat that bird! I'll go get it, watch my speciality!"

And just like that, he launches himself into the air like a slingshot. One second later he gets caught by the bird, which is now flying away.

"You idiot!" Zoro yells.

The moment you finally grasp the situation, Zoro was already frantically rowing and trying to catch up with the bird. You grab onto the sides of the boat, preventing yourself to get thrown off. All of a sudden, you feel it bumping into something. The next thing you see are three people climbing onto the boat.

"Were you trying to run us over?!" one of them yells. "Stop the boat! This is the pirate Buggy-sama's territory," the three of them threaten, but Zoro takes care of them quickly. They apologise immediately and are now rowing the boat for him. You wonder how they ended up like that.

"Why were you drifting in the middle of the ocean?" you get closer to them and ask.

They snap their heads in your direction with wide eyes. "When did she get here?!" they scream.

"What's that supposed to mean, I was here the whole time." You look at them perplexed.

"Are you guys blind?" You aren't sure if Zoro's voice sounds annoyed or amused.

They tell you about how a cute girl tricked them. Their boat, along with the treasures on it, got stolen and on top of that they got caught in a storm cloud, which according to them, was predicted by the girl.

So they got completely duped. Did the girl really predict the weather? If that's true, she's pretty awesome!

  ஐ

"We're here, master Zoro!"

The village looks empty. The three underlings explain that their captain is raiding this village, that's why everyone escaped. You don't like the sound of what's happening here. Just when you are about to walk away, you hear one of them getting angry and calling the girl, who tricked them, an inappropriate name. You pull out one gun and fire a single bullet, almost scraping the pirate's cheek.

"No need to insult." You send them a blank stare.

All of them tense up and promptly bow their heads to apologise. Right after that, they run away. Zoro snickers and walks up to you.

"Y/N, we better meet that Buggy guy. We might be able to hear some information about Luffy."