Chapter 10 | Provocation

The group of four is walking towards Buggy and his crew. Luffy and Zoro have long decided to beat some sense into them. You watch Zoro loosen his bandana from his arm and tying it around his forehead. He looks like he is about to get serious.

Soon, you catch up to the village chief, who is provoking Buggy. The proclaimed clown separates his hand and charges a knife at him, but Luffy stops the attack at the last minute. He knocks out the chief and then proceeds to insult Buggy himself. The clown pirates are beyond shocked by his blunt words.

Their faces are priceless.

You unintentionally let out a small snicker, while the rest of your group have their mouths hanging wide.

"Fire the Buggy Special Cannonball! BE GONE!"

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" Nami yells at Luffy, running away from the trajectory.

"Oi, Luffy! Dodge it!" Zoro hectically says, but he doesn't even move one bit.

He stands perfectly still and calm, smirking at the sight of the angered clown. "Do you think just because of a cannonball I'll move a single inch?"

You couldn't help but smirk as well. Even though everyone else moved out of the way because of the cannonballs approach, you are still standing firmly behind Luffy, trusting he's going to prevent the impact somehow. He takes a deep breath and suddenly his body blows up like a balloon, ricocheting the cannonball in the opposite direction and blowing away the building together with the clown pirates.

"Their number has decreased! Shall we start?" Luffy shouts, smiling at his work.

"What the hell are you?!" Nami is kneeling on the ground, shocked.

"...That was awesome," you mumble to yourself.

After a brief moment of Nami asking for explanations on Luffy's powers, the captain, vice-captain and commander of the Buggy pirates erupt from the pile of scrap. They used their fellow crew members as a shield to protect themselves.

At once, the vice-captain Mohji charged at your group, only to be sent flying with a single kick by Luffy. Commander Cabaji starts moving on his unicycle, swinging his sword at Luffy, however, he is blocked by your group's swordsman, Zoro. You are amazed by his fast reaction, but then you realise how his side is twitching.

The cut from earlier hasn't healed yet.

His opponent must've realised this as well, for that Cabaji's next attack is a sharp kick to his waist. Zoro screams out in pain and falls to the ground. You get worried about his condition, his wound definitely opened again and he is bleeding badly. Still, you couldn't bring yourself to interfere with his fight. Zoro successfully blocks each blade attack, but Cabaji once again kicks him in his wound. That's when he had enough of his mischiefs. The moment Cabaji charges again, Zoro knocks him off his unicycle.

"Do you find tearing up my wound that much fun?" he asks and uses one of his swords to cut up his wound with his own hands. You are surprised by his sudden stunt, not quite understanding what he's thinking.

"My goal is to become the world's greatest swordsman," he sternly says, "Let me teach you the difference in level between us."

I've really made acquaintance with some awesome people.

Despite Cabaji's efforts, the fight was soon over. Zoro made his final attack.

"So shameful! Defeated by a common thief!" he screams out his last words before he collapses.

Zoro grabs his bandana. "Not a common thief... but a pirate!" With this, he falls to the ground as well. "Luffy, I am going to rest."

"Yeah, you rest. I'll finish this off," he replies with assurance.

Luffy looks at you, he nods and flexes his arm. You nod back, sending him off on his duel. You turn away from him and hurriedly run over to Zoro, who is motionlessly lying on the ground. Sitting down, you carefully take a look at his wound.

"Y/N, I am sorry... I cut it open further, even though you just healed it." His voice sounds muffled and he seems too exhausted to even speak.

You smile softly at his considerate words. "Don't worry about it. I can simply close it again." You take off his prior bandages. Carefully, you move your right hand over his wound and after you uncover it, you see a closed cut. You gently wipe away the excess blood. "All done!" You smirk at Zoro, only to see that he is soundly asleep.

Well, guess I'll watch the fight then.

Just as you expected, Luffy has been putting up a good fight. However, one move brought you out of your calm state.

Buggy pierced his swords through Luffy's straw-hat.