Chapter 29 | Order

'She has been staring at the restaurant ever since Luffy went in there...' Usopp thinks.

Your hands clutch the railing, waiting for a sign indicating his wellbeing. You could not sit still while being left uncertain of what is happening on the inside of that foreign ship.

Apologising can't take that long, right?

"Maybe they will force him to work there for a month," Zoro comments. He leisurely leans back with his hands behind his head. You turn around and look at him with big eyes. He flinches slightly when you stare at him with worried eyes.

"Calm down Y/N," Usopp says. "We can just go in and see him! And we could get some food while we're at it. Whaddya say?" He grins, trying his best to distract you from your thoughts.

You let out a heavy sigh. "You're right. Let's do that."

The corners of Zoro's mouth turn downwards as he thinks about how concerned you are for his captain. He knows that a strong person like Luffy can handle this situation perfectly well on his own, and so should you.

"Oh~ not bad," Usopp comments as he walks through the front door of the Baratie. Your heart feels lighter after seeing the lovely decorated interior. It looks classy but there is also a hint of rustic charm given off by the brick plated pillar in the middle of the room which serves as a support for the staircase.

The four of you take a seat and Nami calls for personnel. A buff and funny looking waiter comes immediately to take the order.

"...Seafood Paella, Seafood platter and for me, a Tuna Salad," Nami lists. "Y/N, did you choose anything?" She sees you staring mindlessly at the wall in front of you, so she shakes your shoulder. With a jolt of surprise, you come back to your senses.

"St. Honoré, please," you blurt out.

The waiter blinks at you confused but his smile quickly returns. "Sorry Miss, I'm afraid we don't serve that dish–"

"Move aside you simpleton!" A blonde waiter suddenly shows up and shoves his colleague out of the way. "I'll take your order, Mademoiselle! Vanilla puff pastries with house-made caramel on the side, is that right?"

"...Yes," you answer, pleasantly surprised by the unexpected change of staff.

"Ack! It's you guys!" a familiar shrill voice yells.

"Luffy!" You smile brightly at the sight of him.

"Hm?!" He looks at you astonished. "You're finally talking to me again!" A wide grin spreads on his lips. When he saw you four sitting comfortably at the table and ordering food, he wanted to yell and complain but hearing you call his name immediately distracted him from the annoyance he felt. Your cheeks heat up for a second but you quickly shake it off.

'Those are his crewmates?' Sanji speculates. He scans over you one after the other until... "O'Blessed are the oceans for bringing me this fine day! O'Love! As long as I can be with you, I'm prepared to walk across any path, be it the paths of a pirate or a devil!" he declares as his eyes land on Nami. You could practically see hearts hovering over his head. "But alas! It's tragic there's such a great obstacle standing between us!"

"By obstacle, do you perhaps mean me?" an old man wearing a very tall chef hat says. "Get out of here, you're not needed anyways."

"Hey, you damn geezer! I'm the assistant head chef," Sanji shouts back sharply. "What do you mean I'm not needed?"

The old man starts nagging and in the end, he insults his cooking. Sanji could not stand anyone belittling his abilities as a cook. He gets infuriated and grabs the old man by the collar but he instantly gets slammed to the ground.

"You can try to chase me out all you want but I'll continue to be a cook here, you hear?!" he cries out. The old man only shows him his back and walks away.

After a while, Luffy starts laughing. "Alright! He gave you permission. Now we can be pirat–"

"As if!" Sanji yells, cutting him off.

Soon, Sanji brings you your ordered food and quickly apologises to Nami for the ruckus by serving her a bowl of fresh fruit. Just like the way she is, she kept blandishing him until he agreed to not charge her anything for her food. He then promptly turns to the rest of you and says you still have to pay, though.

"What?!" Usopp huffs.

"I'm not sure if I have enough money," you mumble before you stuff another piece of pastry into your mouth.

"Eh?" Sanji jerks his head in your direction. His eyes widen at the sight of you whereas you just stare back at him with puffy cheeks. "Forgive me, my lady! How could I have overlooked your presence?" He grabs your hand and plants a tender kiss on it.

You calmly continue to chew on the tart in your mouth as you only focus on his swirly eyebrow and fail to notice a groan coming from Zoro.

"Of course yours shall be free of charge as well," he says smoothly and shoots you a wink.

You gulp down the remains of the dessert and smile. "Neat." You pull back your hand and turn your attention elsewhere. "Luffy, do you want to try these pastries?" You reach the tart out to his face. He opens his mouth but before he could take a bite, the cook's foot descended on his head.

"Errand boy, the hell are you sitting around for?!" Sanji shouts and grabs the back of his shirt, dragging him off to the kitchen.

Too slow to realise what just happened, you are still holding out the pastry. Suddenly Zoro takes a bite from it, releasing you from your frozen position.

"It's good," he sputters with a tint of red visible on his face.