Chapter 15 | Forest Guardian

"Wake up you two!"

You slowly rub your eyes open. The first thing you see is an angry Nami shaking Luffy.

"You think you can just secretly eat the snacks I got a hold of?!" she yells at him, but he isn't reacting at all. He is still dozing off.

After you yawn and stretch, you are ready to put a stop to this bickering. "Please stop. I gave him some of the candy, he didn't take it secretly."

She lets go of Luffy and sighs. "Still, we don't have any other food or water left. How are we gonna survive like this?"

Luffy hits his head on the wooden deck and finally wakes up. You walk over to him and put his straw-hat back on top of his head. He looks at you and smiles widely, thanking you. He jumps over to the other boat to sit at the very front of it and scans the area.

"I see something!" he exclaims.

You hop over to his side and look over his shoulder. "Where?" you ask excitedly. You follow the direction he points at and there in the distance you see a small island.

"Let's go and see if someone will join us there," he says.

"Let's look for food too," you add.

Just like that Luffy and you start rowing together, distancing yourselves from the other boat at high speed.

"Wait!" Nami, who got left behind, yells after you.

After a while, you arrive at the island. The island is small, you can only see a patch of forest and a hill in the background. You jump off the boat and walk ahead. When you turn around, Luffy is the only one behind you.

"Where are the others?"

"Zoro is sleeping and Nami said we should gather food since we're the ones who secretly ate," he replies.

She's making this sound like a punishment.

You sigh and look around the forest. Suddenly you see a fox with chicken-like features, a snake with rabbit ears and a pig with a lion mane walk passed you.

This island sure is peculiar.

"Get out! I am the Forest Guardian. If you take one step closer to the forest, you will face the forest judgement!" A voice echoes from the trees.

"What is this?" you mumble.

"Looks like the voice is coming from there," Luffy says and walks forward, despite the warning.

The sound of a fired bullet passes you. Instinctively, you pull out both of your guns and aim at the pistol, which a person behind a bush is holding. When you pull the trigger, you are reminded that your guns don't function properly due to the missing gunpowder.

Shoot!

You turn to look at Luffy, who rebounded the bullet.

"That surprised me!" he exclaims.

"Someone behind that bush fired the bullet." You point at it.

" You point at it