Chapter 08 | Navigator

Zoro and you were walking around in the village for a while now. 

He said we should find Buggy, but how would we be able to know where he is? Aimlessly wandering around isn't working.

All of a sudden, you hear a loud sound of a cannon being fired. The shot was so powerful, it destroyed a whole row of houses. You look at the tremors astonished.

"You think that's Buggy's doing?" you ask.

"Let's go." Zoro runs towards the direction the cannonball was coming from.

"Where are you going, the building is here! They're on the roof!" you shout at Zoro, who is running off into a wrong direction. He grunts and runs back to you. "Search for the entrance," you say.

"There is an easier way."

Zoro takes one of his katanas and holds it out near your feet. You understand where he is going with this and step onto the sword. With one charge, he sends you flying upwards and you land steadily on the roof.

You look over the edge and give him a thumbs up, signalling him the move worked out. You turn around to see what is happening. No one seems to notice you, there is some kind of commotion going on. Everyone is shouting back and forth. You try to comprehend the situation quickly.

In the middle of it is an orange-haired girl, behind her, is a lit cannon, the cannon is aiming at a cage and inside the cage is... Luffy!

You bend over the edge of the roof again to see if Zoro is still there. He is running around the building, looking for a way for him to get up.

There's no time for this.

You focus your eyes on the ground beneath you, envisioning yourself standing there. poin Something pounds in your head. You blink a few times. The sight you see in front of you completely overtakes your mind. You are really back on the ground.

"What are you doing down here?!" Zoro shouts.

You snap out of your surprised state. "The situation looks bad. There's a cannon, a cage, Luffy's in the cage... We have to get up there!"

"I cannot find an entrance," he states.

You look at your hand and think about what occurred a minute ago. "Take my hand." You close your eyes and scroll through the pictures your mind has captured. Stopping on the image of the roof filled with pirates, you once again envision yourself at that spot.

"What?"

"Take my hand and jump."

poin

You vanish from the ground and reappear on the roof. Your hold gets tighter around Zoro's hand.

It worked. I... ported.

A headache is the result of the usage of your ability. You tumble backwards, almost falling over, but you get supported by Zoro, who looks astounded by what just happened. A moment later, he adjusts to his surroundings and acts immediately. He sets you down on the ground, jumps between the pirates and the orange-haired girl and blocks the attack they were about to deal on her.

"Just how many of you are charging on one girl?"

"Zoro!" Luffy shouts, happy to see his comrade. He glances at you and smiles, without saying anything. You catch his gaze and nod in greeting.

Everyone seems to recognise Zoro as the famous Pirate Hunter. You regain the strength to stand up, curiously observing the conversation between Zoro and Buggy, who challenged him to a battle. Both of them prepare their swords and charge at each other. Zoro swings his swords and his opponent splits in half.