Chapter 02 | Wrong Impression

After Luffy defeated Alvida, Coby told us about his dream of becoming a marine. At first, I thought that he seemed way too wimpy to take on pirates but appearances could easily fool others. You three are currently headed to an island where a marine base is situated. Apparently, the infamous Pirate Hunter Zoro is captured there. It seems like he is well known but because you were never good at remembering so called famous people.

The first place Luffy wanted to go to was a restaurant. You thought it was a good idea from him to get something to eat first. Inside the restaurant, Luffy was chatting with Coby and when he mentioned Zoro's name, the other guests jumped back from their chairs out of fear.

Seeing how the people reacted made you wonder how scary he would look like and what he did to get arrested. 'I hope he isn't a bad person,' you thought while finishing the rest of your dessert. You aren't exactly sure why you are still with them. Well, there is the reason that you have no idea where you are and how to get back to doing what you were supposed to do.

But... what was I doing before all of this?

You couldn't remember so you just shake the thought off of your mind. Meeting Luffy was definitely not a bad thing, you knew that. On top of that, you feel like it was an exciting experience, so you decided it will be fun to see what he does next.

After you three left the restaurant you soon you arrived at the marine base.

"It's huge!" Luffy sounds impressed. The building is indeed pretty huge. It doesn't fit this small island. You peek over the wall and there you see him. Pirate Hunter Zoro. He is tied to a wooden cross.

"He doesn't look too well," you say, surprised by the fact of how tough he looks, despite his condition. Luffy swings himself over to him and they start talking. You sat down cross-legged on top of the wall and turn your head when you heard something next to you. A little girl is trying to get into the marine base.

She brought food for him. Not even this little girl is scared of him. How bad of a person can he be?

Right after your thought a blonde guy comes over, throws the food into the dirt and steps on it multiple times. The guy commands the marines next to him to throw the little girl over the wall and fortunately, Luffy catches her before she falls. You felt irritated and stand up, about to confront them but you pause when you see Zoro asking Luffy to let him eat the soiled food.

Looks like he really isn't a bad guy.

At this moment you decide you want to investigate further.

"You two should bring the girl back home. I'll go and scout the marine base." You turn to face Coby.

"Huh?! You want to go in there alone?!" Coby is shocked.

"There are some things I want to find out. Once I know the situation, I'll meet up with you two," you say inexpressively, ignoring Coby's attempt to stop you.