Chapter 60 | Take Care

You slowly exhaled the breath that you were holding in. It worked. Wapol, the lunatic king, froze to a block of ice at your will. The surface of the chunk glistened, it was perfectly transparent and almost as pretty as a crystal. You could see Wapol's unmoving expression of shock through the surface.

As if someone had planned this to be the highlight of the fight, everyone stormed in to witness the capabilities of your powers again. Nami, Usopp, Vivi and Zoro stared in awe at the frozen king. And Dalton, captain of the civilian militia, dropped on his knees out of gratitude.

"Thank you very much," he said while bowing. "I owe you my utmost respect for what you have done for us. I am sure from now on, Drum Empire is going to become a better country."

"Y/N! You're awake!" Nami exclaimed while running up to you. She embraced you in a warm hug, leading your thoughts astray from the powers residing in you. "I'm so glad to see you doing your usual wonders," she said with a smirk.

"Aha! As expected from the magus of our team!" Usopp held his head high. "Fire and ice... I wonder what's next. Do you think it's teachable? If so I'd like to become your student!"

"Magus? What kind of joke is that? We aren't living in a fantasy world, you know?" Nami retorted.

"Everyone quiet down!" Dr Kureha barged in. "Lend me a hand and take all the hurt people inside. Young lady!" She pointed at you. "You'll help me out with this klutz."

You glanced at the ice statue again, wondering if Wapol was aware of what was going on around him. Then you turned to look at your comrades, who were happily chatting with each other and planning what their next move will be. Suddenly, you felt someone staring intensely at you. When you looked in the direction it came from, you noticed Zoro quickly face away.

"Let's get a move on everyone. We have to make our way to Alabasta after helping out here." Nami ushered everyone to leave. Before she left, you caught her mouthing 'We will talk later.'

Every person who was not injured jumped to their feet and did what Doctorine and Nami ordered. While the others were busy, Doctorine called you closer to the block of ice. "I figure this means you're all healed." She tapped the surface of it. "Sometimes you can't fight fire with fire, eh?" You let out a chuckle because you were relieved that this was resolved.

Now you felt as if you figured out a little more about yourself. Using these powers will come with consequences. Your body and mind might still be too weak to handle their full capacities. Thinking about it, you were relieved that no one with bad intentions was able to demonstrate such abilities. That would have been the most frightening thing.

"Luckily, we have a special place prepared for scabby guys like him," Doctorine said while leading you down a set of stairs within the castle. "These cages aren't made out of Seastone but we have handcuffs made out of them. Wapol will serve his time here."

You took a peek inside the jail-like cage. This place sure was isolated and gloomy. Staring at the metal cage, you felt shivers running down your spine. Something about it felt unsettling to you and you were overcome with the pressure to not take a single step closer to the cage.

Doctorine noticed how pale your face turned at the sight of this jail. "Would you guys hurry up?!" she shouted impatiently. Two helpers brought down the frozen king with a lot of struggle. They slipped him right into one of the cages and proceeded to melt the ice with torches.

"Now that this is done you should go back to your friends," she said without looking at you. As you ascended the stairs, she said one last thing to you. "Take care of my stupid son, will ya?"

"He'll be in good hands," you answered with a smile.

A sledge rushing through the winter night, pulled by a hasty reindeer. A noise from the castle rumbled across the kingdom. Everyone's attention was drawn towards the coloured sky. Pink snowflakes sailed down like cherry blossoms on a spring day, warming the hearts of those who watched with admiration.

Chopper's tears flowed down his cheeks in steady streams as he took in this beautiful scene. The dream and wish of the person so dear to him finally blossomed into reality.

And thus concluded the adventures on Drum Island.

But the night was far from over...

"That's right! We need to get drunk tonight!" One of the crew members shouted passionately. You watched them go wild over the excessive amount of booze and the delicious plates of food prepared by Sanji.

Meanwhile, Chopper was sitting at the side. He was still dazed from the whole experience. You sat down next to him and placed a small bag in front of him.

"My bag? But why?" he asked surprised. "I thought I forgot to bring it with me. All of my medical supplies are in this bag."

"It was in the sledge. Kureha must've known." You looked up at the sky. "She's a good person."

"Doctorine..." He went silent for a moment.

"Hahaha! Chopper come dance with us!" Luffy and Usopp ushered while making silly faces. And off he went, mixing in perfectly with the duo.

"Everyone listen up! Here is a toast to our new Doctor Chopper! Let's drink for our new friend!" Everyone held their glasses up in the air and cheered.

The Going Merry, headed to Alabasta, seemed to be smiling at the festivity too.