Chapter 05 | Setting Sail

The marines drop their guns and run towards you, swinging their swords above their heads. You are clearly outnumbered. Solely relying on your instinct while targeting the handles of their swords may lead to causalities, that's why you hesitate on firing. They are getting dangerously close. All of them swing their swords at once and fortunately, Zoro jumps forward, blocking them with his three katanas.

He's insanely strong. That's awesome.

"I said I would be a pirate together with you, but I still have my own goals. I have made a promise, I am going to become the world's greatest swordsman! Bad guy, good guy, it no longer matters. As long as my name is known worldwide!" Zoro declares to Luffy, still holding off the marines attack.

You couldn't help but smile at Zoro's statement. He is determined to fight for his goal and to keep his promise. Hearing that, you feel a rush of strength running through your body.

"Zoro, duck!" Luffy yells. He twists, stretches his leg and with one move, sweeps the marines off the ground.

Of course, everyone is baffled by his strength. Many of them are retreating and crawling back to the man with the axe-hand.

"Get a gun and kill yourself! I don't need useless soldiers. That's an order!" Axe-Hand Morgan yells.

You can't believe what you just heard. And the even more unbelievable thing is: The marines are actually obeying him and raising guns to their own heads. You couldn't allow them to do this. Despite being in a tight situation like this one, you remain calm and collected, allowing you to fully focus on your aim.

The guns pointing at the marines' heads.

Full of confidence, you shoot out three bullets, each of them hitting their selected target. You see the marines' surprised faces, they aren't aware of what unarmed them. But there was no time for them to investigate the cause. Luffy charges at Axe-Hand and is fighting him one on one.

You put away your guns and stand there, watching him overpower the much larger man. Before he could deal the finishing blow, everyone halts when someone yelled for the fight to stop. You turn around to see who it was.

Shoot! The smug guy is pointing a gun at Coby!

"Luffy! I'm not afraid of death!" Coby shouts.

Without even thinking about it, you pull out one of your guns and aim for the gun next to his head. The following scenes happened all too fast for you to clearly comprehend.

You shot out a single bullet, striking the gun out of Helmeppo's hand. At the same time, the guy himself was sent flying by a punch in the face. When you turn around, you witness how Zoro takes out Axe-Hand. Before you could even try to understand the situation, the marines start cheering because they are finally free from Morgan's control. The next thing you know is Zoro collapsing on the ground.

You are seated at the little girl's house. Her mum made some delicious food for you all. The reason for Zoro's collapse was exhaustion and hunger. Now that you have eaten, he was fully recovered and lively. After the meal, they talk about how they want to head for the Grand Line in order to find One Piece. Coby is worried about the idea.

Just when they start talking about the fact how Coby should be careful with wanting to join the navy, marine soldiers come in and demand you to leave the town. Townsfolk are even protesting, they are calling you the town's saviours.

You stand up and follow Luffy and Zoro out the door, but stop when a marine asks if Coby is with your group. You are unsure if Coby could talk himself out of this. Before he could answer, Luffy starts provoking him, which leads to him punching Luffy. You are startled and don't know what is happening. They start fighting and soon broke it off when the marine recognise that Coby isn't one of you. Luffy walks out, smiling contently. You follow and only now realise that his actions were in order to help Coby. He is a friend after all.

A few minutes pass and you arrive at the harbour. Luffy finds the small boat you used for sailing to this island and you all prepare to leave. You jump in and sit down with crossed legs. When you area bout to leave, something surprising happens. Coby and all of the marines from the base, line up along the harbour and salute. You smirk and together with Luffy, you wave at them while setting out to sea.