Chapter 59 | Cold Breeze

"Haah..." A yawn escaped your mouth. When did I fall asleep? You crawled out of the bed, careful not to attract Doctorine's attention. Now that the warm blanket was not covering you anymore, you could feel the warmth slowly escaping from your body. You wondered if you should take the doctor's advice and stay in bed longer even though you felt completely fine again.

You looked around this peculiar room filled with books and old decor. It seemed like a room you would find in a typical castle. While exploring your surroundings, you came across a small mirror placed on a bookshelf. "I look like a mess," you mumbled displeased as you tugged at your hair band. Your dark, long hair tumbled down and gracefully covered your shoulders. Since you did not have a hairbrush at hand, you just brushed through it with your fingers.

Suddenly, the door swung open with a creak. "Oooh! It's so cold!" Luffy walked in while rubbing his arms. His eyes darted around the room, clearly searching for something. But he froze when his gaze landed on you.

"D-Do you need something?" you asked and quickly tied your hair. You glanced at the mirror the last time to make sure the ponytail looked proper.

"I'm looking for my jacket because it's cold outside," he explained, trying to avert his eyes to not make it seem like he was staring at you. He then proceeded to frantically search for his jacket by looking under tables and scrambling through random chests.

You let out a small chuckle. "You can take my jacket in the meantime," you offered, thinking he was probably in a hurry to go outside again.

Luffy looked at you with wide eyes. "Is that alright?" he questioned and glanced at your blue jacket which was hanging next to the bed. "But you'll need it if you're walking around. Why aren't you resting anyway?"

"Ah. That's because I didn't feel the need to stay in bed any longer." You handed him your jacket. "You're in a hurry, right? Just take mine for now," you said and looked down at your feet. "I can search for yours later... and wear it if I need to."

"Thanks!" he shouted with sudden enthusiasm. While running towards the door he abruptly turned around and exclaimed, "Your hair looks pretty!" Then rushed out with a huge grin on his face.

Your cheeks slowly flushed as you realised what he said. That phrase repeated itself a hundred times in your head. Your hair looks pretty, your hair looks pretty, your hair looks pretty! You shook your head and patted your face to think about something else. You did not want to get too riled up just because he complimented you. Was this the first time he sneaked in a compliment?

Luckily, you got distracted by something else. Loud noises could be heard from outside the castle. You unmistakably heard the sounds of cannons firing at this building. You quickly looked through the room next to you to see if Luffy left his jacket there. Low and behold, you found it thrown on the ground. It was getting even noisier outside so without thinking too much, you put it on and ran out the door.

A wave of cold winter air hit your face as soon as you stepped out of the room. You wished you had a pair of gloves right now. The inside of the castle was as big as you thought it would be but you wondered why it was all frozen over.

"Ha ha ha!" someone laughed maniacally. "You must be a friend of that straw-hat boy."

You looked down to see a rather large man with a huge metal chin. The weird smirk on his face did not seem trustworthy at all. "I am. And who are you?"

"I'm the ruler of this kingdom," he said proudly. "Since you trespassed into my castle... you'll have to die!" He ran towards you at full speed with his mouth wide open. You tensed up for a second but quickly realised that you really were in danger. Adrenaline rushed through your body and your legs swiftly carried you away from the person chasing you.

You hoped he wouldn't catch up to you but the man was faster than he looked like. The exit was still far away too. Just when he was about to catch you, Luffy stormed in and kicked him in the face with his extended leg. "How can you chase someone who just recovered?!" he yelled at Wapol.

The kick did not faze the king of Drum Island, he instantly stood up again and faced Luffy without fear. He gestured at a large wooden door behind him and screamed, "This is a weapon room and only I have the key to access it! If I eat those weapons, they will become part of my body and I will turn into the scariest weapon in the world!" He dangled the key in front of his face.

Luffy charged at him again but Wapol just ignored him and took the hit. His back felt as hard as stone and besides, his priority was to get the lock open. "He won't budge," Luffy huffed.

At that moment, you felt something swirl inside of you. The cold breeze of this winter island reminded you of the coloured visions the White Lily showed you. When you released the fire from your palms, you felt strong emotions such as anger and rage. But this time, it was the opposite. You stayed calm and composed, knowing very well what you were capable of at this stage.

"Don't move," you said to both Luffy and Wapol. They glanced at you but only Wapol laughed and carried on with his task.

In the next moment, he couldn't move or talk at all anymore. He was frozen in place and captured by a layer of solid ice.