Chapter 11 | Treasure

Luffy is standing there with his head faced down. He can hardly contain his anger, while Buggy is simply laughing at his definition of treasure.

"What do you think you're doing?!" you stand up and yell at him. "Luffy needs that hat to fulfil his promise!" You move both of your hands to the left side of your belt and pull out your guns, pointing them at Buggy.

He doesn't react much but merely continues laughing. "What is this? So you had another companion?" Buggy takes a closer look at you, scanning you from head to toe until his gaze fixates on your belt buckle. "S... G..." he reads. 'Why does this sound familiar?'

His thoughts are interrupted by three bullets shooting his swords out of his fingers. He gasps at your accuracy, but still manages to hold his composure. In a heartbeat, he splits his body parts and comes flying at you.

"Hey, the one you're fighting is me!" Luffy raises his voice, serious to defeat him. At this moment he realises that Buggy's feet are on the ground, walking after his separated body parts.

Buggy flys over you and chases after Nami, who is holding onto stolen treasure. He screams at her to let go of it. You get a tiny bit frustrated over him completely ignoring you and sprint after his body parts, grabbing hold of the ones you catch up to. Even though you find this truly disgusting, you still hold onto them tightly.

"Since I'm a pirate-treasure-thief and I just stole from a pirate, I'm telling you this treasure is mine!" The navigator refuses to let go of the gold and jewels.

Luffy starts tickling and damaging Buggy's feet, causing him to laugh and scream in pain. "Stop it, you idiot!" he curses.

"The one that's got to stop..." Nami stops and swings the bag of treasure at Buggy's face, "is you!"

You stop running and observe the situation. Her attack wasn't effective at all. Buggy only snickers as his grip tightens around the treasure-bag.

"I just told you, your opponent is me!"

You turn around to see Luffy running up to Buggy and kicking him straight in the face, causing him to momentarily pass out. Nami says her thanks to Luffy for saving her and hurriedly goes to gather the scattered treasure. Luffy also walks off to search for the map of the Grand Line. You stand there watching them, still holding onto Buggy's body parts. When you feel something twitching in your grasp, you shudder and immediately drop everything.

"Good calling there, Y/N."

You glance at Nami, who is coming up to you with a rope between her hands.

"Alright! I've finally found it, the Grand Line map!" Luffy excitedly says, not noticing a certain someone's recovery.

Buggy comes floating again and exclaims his intent on killing Luffy. However, when he tries to reassemble his body parts, only his hands and feet come back to him, the rest were tied up neatly by Nami.

"Get lost, Buggy." Luffy extends his arms backwards and powerfully retract them again, sending Buggy the clown flying into the sky. "Victory!" he exclaims and raises his arms in the air.

You chuckle at his wide smile and give him a short applause for his accomplishment.

"I've divided the treasure into two bags, so you hold half of it. It's so heavy, carrying it alone is difficult," Nami explains.

"Sure thing, I'll help you with it," you reply and raise one hand to volunteer.

The three of you walk back to the place where the fight began. Luffy goes and picks up his straw-hat. You feel a little bad for it to get damaged, the three slices of Buggy's swords are apparent. When you detect Zoro lying on the ground, you bend down to wake him up. However, trying to nudge him awake doesn't work, so Luffy attempts slapping his cheek.

"Get up, Zoro! Let's go."

Finally, he comes to his senses and sits up. "Did you finish the fight?" he asks, holding his head because he's feeling dizzy. "I do not think I can walk yet."

"Oh, yeah. I'll wake up the chief," Luffy says and turns to look at the chief lying on the ground.

You follow his gaze and get confused. "Why is he sleeping there?"

Before anyone could answer your question, a big group of villagers approach you and get riled up when they discover their chief unmoving on the ground.

"Ah, sorry. I did that to the chief!" Luffy comes forward and says. The villagers turn their heads angrily at him.

"You did that?" you ask, even more bewildered.

"Are you all idiots?!" Nami silently yells, "Y/N, how did you not see? You were standing next to me when it happened. And you! Why did you tell them on purpose?"

"You saw me do it, right?" Luffy asks, not listening to Nami.

"No, I didn't," you reply.

"Don't ignore me!"

"All of you, how dare you do this to our chief!" Nami's bickering is cut short by one of the villagers. "Who the hell are you? Could you be pirates?!"

"We are pirates," Luffy admits, making Nami furious again.

"Idiot!"

Zoro and you laugh at the two arguing. Eventually, the four of you are getting a move on, running away from the angry mob. At the next alleyway, you turn and hear barking behind you.

The dog is blocking their way!

You wave goodbye to the dog and contentedly follow your group to the harbour.