Shorts | Forgetful

It was early afternoon when you came out of the girl's room. After eating two bowls of rice, you felt extremely sleepy and took a nap. Rubbing your eyes, you slouch against the wall.

Suddenly, a loud crash shakes you awake.

Your eyes pan to your right. The wall you were leaning against now has a huge hole in it. You curiously peek into the hole and see Luffy lying face down on a pile of debris.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Usopp sprints to him. "Kaya just gave us the ship and you already damaged it!"

"Sorry, sorry," Luffy says, rubbing his head. "I wanted to surprise Y/N, so I swung from the crow's nest. I missed."

"...You would've crushed her if you didn't." Usopp sighs. "There's no shipwright on board, right?"

You shake your head.

"Guess I'll have to do."

Luffy gives him a pat on the shoulder and runs off, searching for something more fun. You crouch down next to Usopp and observe him thinking about the best way to repair the wall.

"Want me to help?" you break the silence.

"Woah!" He falls on his butt when he notices you. "You were still here?!"

"Yeah."

"You really have to stop doing that. How is your presence so weak?"

You shrug. "You're the only one who keeps saying that."

He proceeds to ask you about how you disappeared on that day right in front of him. You tell him about the abilities you have and how they work.

"And you're not a Devil's Fruit user?"

"No."

"I know I'm not in the position to ask this, but what made you join this crew? You don't seem like you need to live a pirate's life." He fumbles with the broken wood pieces. "I'm sorry if I'm being nosy."

You smile softly. "No, you're right. To be honest, nobody asked me to join. I'm just tagging along until I regain the memories I lost."

"You have amnesia?"

"Yes."

"Then you're not a pirate. I'm surprised you're fine with living with ones."

"Being here helps me a lot. I would feel totally lost without them. They're good people, being a pirate doesn't change that."

You two continued chatting like that for a while. You could feel the distance between you slowly dissipating.

"Oh! I should really start fixing this hole. Can you get me the toolbox? I put it under my hammock."

You nod happily and walk to the boy's chamber. You carefully climb down the ladder. Looking around the room, you realise you've never been to their room before. It is a bit too dark down here for you to see clearly, so you gingerly touched your way around the hammocks.

Unexpectedly you hear a rustling sound and before you know, a hand grabbed your shoulder.

"What are you doing down here?" Zoro asks with a low-pitched voice.

You flinch at the way his green eyes seem to almost glow in the dark. The way they are staring at you makes you freeze in place. Zoro must have noticed how stiff you are. He quickly let go and apologises.

"Sorry for startling you."

You come back to your senses. "No, it's fine. I should've turned on the lamp."

He chuckles and walks to the ladder. "Want to get dinner?" He reaches his hand out to you.

"Sure," you reply and take his hand. He helps you up the steps and you stroll to the kitchen together.

// { Usopp in the storage room }

'What's taking her so long?' he wonders. //

While searching through the fridge, you couldn't shake the feeling that you forgot something important.

Well, whatever.

Hello, hello!

Another "Shorts" this time, featuring the cowardly brave Usopp!

I'm here to inform you that I will be gone for over a week from now. My class is taking a trip to another country ^^

Thank you for the support and I hope I'll see you on the next chapter too!  Until after the trip. Bye~

~ Rin