Chapter 29: Love is coming back for me

Jazlynn’s POV

How long have I been running? My muscles are all aching from all the fighting and running, my body was begging me to stop and rest. But I knew I can’t.

Sun had already gone down and now it’s up again. The heat radiating from the sun was burning through my fur as I continue to run north. Only stopping for a few minutes of break and to get some water to hydrate myself, I just ran. The sun was going down, telling me that I have been running for more than a day without any sleep.

Stop running Jazz. Go and get some sleep. Mia told me.

You know we can’t Mia! You might never know that we are just nearby from everyone! Plus, there are rogues wondering around at night. I can’t sleep leaving myself defenceless.

Well, as if you can defend yourself when you are way too exhausted to fight.

Argh.

Just sleep and don’t shift back. You may never know when rogues can appear at anything.

Fine. Wait a minute, aren’t we consider rogues if other packs find us?

Just tell them you are the Luna of the Shadow Wolf pack you idiot! I forgot that you are one stupid human. Why did the moon goddess gave me such an idiotic human being as my human.

Thanks for sharing your feelings wolf. That hurts you know? I said sarcastically.

Whatever.

I slowed down my pace and started to look for any place where I could get some shut eyes. After walking for an hour, I’ve found a tree with a hole in the middle which could hide me from any rogues. I lay down and place my head onto my paws. I looked at my now dirtied fur, which were covered with dried bloods and dirt, realising how dirty I am. God, I need a bath ASAP.

Time had passed and I wasn’t getting any rest. I had this feeling that something will happen. I strained my ears to hear any faint sound. So far so good I guess. Better not let my guard down though. After a few minutes had pass, I heard faint footstep or should I say paw-step nearby.

I slowly got up, ignoring my aching body. I came out of the hole and concentrated on the sounds.

Rogues. Mia said.

I got to my defence position as the bushes nearby rustled, revealing three moody rogues.

Shit, things are getting serious now. What to do Mia?

Like duh? Fight!

Now that, I can agree with you.

I let a low growl to warn them that I will not hesitate to kill them if they attack me. But looks like they didn’t like my proposal.

A grey wolf jump into mid air as he aim at my neck. I quickly dodge the attack and using my hind legs to kick him in the stomach. Critical damage! Take that asshole!

Next was a smaller blonde wolf charging right towards me. I waited as soon she was near to me and I jumped up and quick pulling her down by biting onto her tail. She let out a yelp causing the grey wolf to growl at me. Opps, they are mates. This is bad.

I was too distracted on the two wolves that I totally forgot about the last wolf. The mixed coloured wolf took the opportunity and bang onto my side causing me to hit onto the tree on my back. That the second time that I hurt my back and it stings! Before I could get back onto my paws, all three wolves attacked at me at the same time.