2.

I waited another hour in the dark just sitting on the couch when I heard the front door open and close. Not slamming but not quite.
I heard something hit the wall.
"Mèho büto!" She whisper shouted.
"You know cussing in Spanish is the same as cussing in English." I turned the lamp on to see her frozen holding her foot. "Evening." I smiled.
"Thought you'd be to bed with my dad." She mumbled relaxing when she noticed it was just me.
"No I waited for you to get home." I placed one knee over the other and my arms on the rests. She rolled her eyes and took her shoes off placing them on the shoe rack in the closet next to the large hall.
"I'm home. You can go to bed with my dad now." I sighed.
"No. How about we have a chat. Come sit." I pointed to the couch on the other side of a side table. She glared at me before doing so and staring at me.
"What?" Her tone was snippy.
"First: watch your tone. I won't put up with that." She laughed slightly leaning foreword. She sat back with shit eating grin. I cocked my head amused.
"Really? I don't think so. Let's get something straight Ms. Parrilla. Until your last name is legally Deblasio. I'm the woman of the house here." She was serious but that didn't keep me from mischievously smiling at her.
"Ok I can live with that. I don't live here so you have that right. But until then you will behave yourself with me. No matter what you do to get rid of me. I will not leave." I stood my ground. She looked at me with a challenging straight face.
"What ever do as you wish. Just remember that your not my mother so don't expect for me to see you as one in the future." She stood up and went to the stairs and paused. "Watch yourself Ms. Parrilla." She went up the stairs. I waited till I heard a door close to walk down to the hall and down to his room.
I walked in to see he was reading a book. I was already wearing pajamas so I just slid in the side I had claimed as mine.
"Hey." I sat there as he marked his spot and placed it beside him next to a glass of water and a apple alarm.
"How'd it go?" He took my hand giving me his full attention.
"Where'd she get the attitude?" He chuckled and pulled me close shimmying down under the covers.
"Her mother." He mumbled. I sighed before closing my eyes and drifting off.

When I woke it was because of a loud smash. Shit the kid is starting this early? I groaned and sat up. I noticed Fred wasn't in the bed and the door was slightly open. I looked to his alarm to see it was only eight in the mourning.
My feet hit the carpeted floor with ease. I walked over to the bathroom and combed my hair and got ready for the day. At one I had an audition for a show called Once Upon A Time. I'm going in for the Evil Queen. I was actually auditioning for a surgeon when the lady referred me to it. I don't know how she got Evil Queen out of surgeon by I took it. My friend made a cap like thing for it. My make up was light and my dress black. I slipped on my heals and went to see what mess they made this time.
I heard hushed talking as I came closer to the kitchen.
"Matt! Hurry I'll help you clean it up! Before dad gets home I'll go buy another that way he doesn't notice and if it comes to it I'll take the fall. I did bump you." It was Emilee. I peeked around the corner to see Emilee and Matt sweeping up some glass which looked like it used to be some sort of bowl. Emilee took the dust pan and emptied it into the double bag Matt was holding. He tied it close as Emilee put everything away. That's when I noticed she was acting like a mother. That might explain why she acts the way she does.
I walked in and to the fridge and cleared my throat. Emilee took the bag and walked to the garage. Matt stood there trying to make it look like nothing happened.
"Mourning Matt." I grabbed a banana yogurt.
"Uh- mourning. How'd you sleep?" He asked as Emilee walked back in. I faced them shutting the fridge.
"Well thank you. You?" I asked grabbing a spoon.
"Great. I got to go." He ran to the back door and out. She sighed and went to the cupboard grabbing a box of cereal.
"How bout you? How'd you sleep?" I asked making small talk.
"Fine. I'm off. I'm going to the store we are all out of cereal." She threw the empty box in the trash and went to pass me.
"I'll drive you." I winked. She looked at me confused but then caught on.
"Patt and Jack went with dad to a studio up north. Let me go tell Matt to get his shoes if your not going to be here to watch him." I nodded and let her pass. She walked out the door and yelled to Matt who was on the trampoline.
They both came in and grabbed their shoes from the closet. I nodded and walked them out the front door and too my silver Focus.

We walked into the store and Emilee went straight to the dishes aisle. I followed holding Matts hand. She grabbed two identical glass bowls and made her way to the cereal. She grabbed a large bag of Frosted Flakes and fruity pebbles. She then went to the register. She pulled out money from her back pocket and went to pay but I stopped her. She raised a eyebrow and placed her money back.
"I got this." I gave the cashier a ten and she handed me my change. Matt shifted uncomfortable.
We walked back to my car and they both got in clicking their seat belts.
"Why did you pay for those Lana?" He asked me. I turned around and faced him.
"Because." I turned the car on and glanced at Emilee. She sat there looking straight with a scowl. I rolled my eyes and drove back.
We pulled up to the house and ran to the door.
"Ha beat you!" Matt bragged. Emilee giggled and pushed the door open.
"Looks like you did." I smiled watching them.

"Ok you promise you'll be ok till your dad gets home in an hour?" I asked grabbing my purse.
"Yes I have my phone and the gardener Dave it outside." She insisted. I sighed.
"Alright. Take care both of you." I glared pointing with two fingers swiping them from my eyes to them. I smiled and shut the door behind me.