32.

This can't be happening. I just got rid of him how the fuck is he back?
"Listen I don't care if I die but save Jake please." I begged the cop across from me. She's thirty and was wearing regular clothes but if you lifted up her coat to see her belt you'd see a gun and badge.
"We'll make sure both of you stay alive." She promised taking a sip of her coffee.
"Alright I just don't want him to know." She quirk'd a brow.
"Emilee you've been married to him for almost a year, your an actress, your freaking Lana Parrillas child ish, you know what I mean, and you've done countless other things." She numbered them on her fingers.
"I know who I am. But I also know that Tyler won't stop till I'm dead. So just promise me. Him first. I don't care what happens to me but if something happened to him I would kill Tyler not caring about my career." I deadpanned. She rolled her eyes.
"Fine I promise." She has also become one of my close friends.
"You better." I said pointing to her while taking a sip of my drink.
"Are you going to the panel tomorrow?" I nodded.
"Yes I got a whole thing tomorrow." I sighed.
"Can I ask you something?" I nodded. "Why didn't you speak up when you where younger? Why didn't you talk to your dad or Lana?" I felt a pit in my stomach grow.
"Because if I did I would have showed them how broken I was. But when I finally left I knew there was no turning back. I loath looking vulnerable. There's very few people that have and get to see that part of me. Lana tore down my wall on one side of the cube around my heart. But it took forever for Jake to finally get down another." I spoke from the heart.
"What have I done?" She questioned with a smirk.
"You my friend pulled a couple bricks out and squeezed through you didn't even bother tearing down the whole fucking wall." She laughed.
"Well I'm black what can I say?" She said holding her arms up.
"Cas, when Lana found out about everything she cried for me and that broke my heart. When Jake found out he waited till I wasn't around to cry. Because he wants to be strong for me. I want to repay him but I can't even give him a child." I whispered.
"Do you want a child?" She asked.
"Well when I first got it I didn't really care I could get a dog but then I married him and really wanted one. But I'm going to remain the aunt that is either blood or water related that the kids love having over because I always bring something that drives the parents bonkers. Like Ginny and Josh. Their two little boys I always have something for them. Most of the time I can only give it to Oliver but Hugo I usually bring something noisy which drives them crazy and they still haven't figured out its me." I smiled happily.
"Well it's not the same as having your own kids but I guess it works." I sighed and looked at the gold bracelet on my wrist. It says fearless with wings on either side. I bought it when I was around fifteen. Brooke is the only one that knows the reason I bought it. I usually keep it hidden I don't even think Jake or Lana knows I have it.
"Where did you get that?" I looked up to see her starring at it. I blushed and looked down again.
"I bought it years ago. It's what kept me going back then. Because when ever I looked at it, it made all my worries go away just for that small second, I felt peace but then I remembered I was still in that situation. But it always brought me some kind of hope." I explained. She nodded and pulled the necklace out from under her shirt to show a ring on the other end.
"This was my dads wedding ring. When he died I kept it. He always had it in this small jewelry box. My mother left with some man when I was four." She sighed and looked at me.
"That's awesome." She nodded and stood.
"You miss are a price of work. Now go get ready for tomorrow I have some things to do." She winked and walked away.
I stood and grabbed my purse and walked out to my truck. I unlocked ut and pulled myself in.
I drive to my house and walked in the door.
"Jake?" I called.
"Kitchen!" I giggled and walked in to see him wearing an apron and cooking something in a pot that smelled delicious.
"What are you cooking mister?" I asked wrapping my arms around his middle.
"I have cooking pasta." He said turning his head and giving me a quick kiss.
I laughed and walked up stairs to our room and dressed into leggings and a running tank. I walked back down the stairs to see him setting the table for four.
"Who's coming over?" I questioned. Before he could answer the bell rang. He opened the door and in walked Lana and Fred.
"Your parents." He said with a smile. I closed my eyes for a second before opening them. I had to act even more tonight that way Lana didn't catch on.
She sat I front of me and smiled. I smiled back and felt my dad place a kiss on the top of my head.
"Hey baby girl." He whispered before sitting down in front of Jake.
We dished up and where eating everyone just enjoying the food.
"Okay I have an announcement I wanted to share with all of you." I looked at Jake and smiled. He grabbed
my hand. "I have found someone worthy of being a segregate mother for us." My heart stopped.
"That's great I'm happy for you two." My dad praised. Jake looked at me again confused.
"Are you not happy Emilee?" I scrunched my eye brows and scoffed.
"You didn't even bother to ask me what my thoughts on this where." He looked at me for a moment.
"I thought you'd be happy. You always talked about having-" I cut him off.
"Yes one of my own. But I at least thought you'd consult me before going and finding a woman to put your sperm in to make a baby. There is a reason why I didn't want to get a segregate mother. Because then that woman would have something with you that I never can." I snapped and stood up and walked to the door and slipped on my running shoes.
"Emilee wait!" He called walking after me. I stopped at the door when he turned me around and kissed me. I pushed him away.
"You can't just kiss me and think that I'll change my mind because it won't." I snapped before walking out. I ran as fast as my long legs would carry me. I ran to the spot I ran to when I cleared my head.
No one knew I came here and when I say no one I mean no one.
I ran to the woods and up the trail that no one knows about. I flew past all the trees seeing the marks that I made on them. If you didn't know where to look you'd mistake it for a part of the tree.
I can't believe he did this. Everything that's happened I thought him of all people would understand.
I don't want a segregate mother because every time I look at the child it would remind me that another woman gave him something I couldn't. I guess it's a good thing I left my phone at the house no one can track me.
When I reached the tree I always came to I climbed up to the spot I made. There is a platform and a camping chair up there along with a locked cooler.
You can't see it from the ground which made it even more special. I got up on top and looked at the pictures I hung up. I've had this spot sense I first came to Vancouver. That day that Lana trapped me in my trailer is the day I finished this. I had been in Vancouver a week before the day she found out I was there.
The pictures handing up where the first pictures of me and Lana.
The first one was at my school play and my dad bought me flowers and took a picture of his two favorite women. I didn't smile in the picture. The second was of me and my brothers wrestling on the tramp and of course Lana was on the bottom underneath me.
The third was at my birthday, the fourth and last one was at my wedding. But there was picture up that reminded me that I was strong and to make sure no one got to me. The picture of me that Tyler mailed to me for a wedding gift. The canopy makes sure it's dry but the wind is another story. So the chair in bolted to the wood and the cooler is strapped to the tree. The pictures extra nailed to the tree.
It's my safe haven. No one can find or hurt me up here but the big man himself. It's a way for me to escape.
Escape my mind. Because even your mind can turn on you.