46.

I walked into the living room and sat down.
"Is she asleep?" I asked Andrea.
"Yeah about two hours ago. I gave her some melatonin." She said handing me a cup of hot chocolate.
"Thank you for taking her in. She would have never of stopped working out." She nodded putting whipped cream in hers.
"I've never seen someone work out like that. She ran at top speed for two hours straight not once taking a drink of water. She then did press and benched longer then most muscular men can. Then she beat the hell out of the punching bag." She explained.
"Emilees like that. Did she break the bag I'll pay for it." I offered.
"Lana she didn't break it and even if she did I wouldn't make you pay for it. I own the place and you're a friend your alright." I nodded taking a sip.
"What shape was she in when she walked in?" I asked.
"Well she had dead eyes and a frown gritted teeth. She changed and went right to work. She is morning. I know what she feels." I nodded remembering her husband.
"Yeah. You need to go to work I'll watch her." She nodded and stood before getting her things and leaving. The two dogs where laying on the couch asleep. I chuckled and made my way to the guest room.
I walked in to see her curled in on herself. I took my coat and shoes off and crawled into the bed and pulled her to me. She rapped her arms around me and cried in her sleep. I whipped the tears and stroked her braided hair. Her muscles flexed every now and then squeezing me to her. I smiled sadly and closed my eyes. I may not have entirely liked Jake the past couple months but he made her happy even though there was that incident.
How she was going to deal with this was going to be unexpected.

I woke when I noticed that I was being watched. I looked down to see her still sleeping. I looked at the door way to see Andrea standing there with a small smile.
"How long?" I asked.
"Sense I've been home?" I nodded. "About an hour. It's three." I nodded and sat up. Emilee's head falling onto the pillow. I shook her shoulder gently till her eyes peaked open before shutting again. She groaned and curled into a ball and sobbed. I rubbed her back in effort to comfort her.
"Come on let's get you to my house." I whispered. I let her cry while I soothed her before helping her get her things. I walked out into the living room and hugged my friend.
"Thanks again." I whispered before pulling away.
"Anytime." I smiled and walked back to the room and picked up her bag then grabbed her hand and led a zombie like Emilee out of the house and to my car. I don't trust her to drive. I'll have somebody come get it. I sat her in the front seat of my car before walking to hers and getting her things out. I put the keys in the ash tray and shut the door pulling a tarp over it.

When I pulled up to my house Fred ran out side and helped Emilee out and hugged her. The boys helped carry her things in before giving her a hug and leaving her be. She sat on the guest bed staring blankly at the wall. I stood in the door way just observing her. She pulled her phone out and started to flip through pictures.
I silently cried till she shut her phone of and dropped it the ground and standing up. I walked into the kitchen knowing what she wanted. I pulled out a box of ice cream sandwiches I had Fred buy before we got home and set them on the counter.
She walked in grabbed them and walked out. I sighed and went to the living room and sat next to Fred who was as blank as his daughter. The boys left for something I'm not sure. All I know is it's for their sister.
"He's gone." I mumbled.
"That he is. He broke her heart how are we supposed to hold up our end of the deal." He asked emotionless. I shrugged.
"He's gone we can't take anything more from him." I mumbled. He rapped his arm around me as I rested my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my side calming me inside because even though I showed calm there was bullets flying in my head.

I woke up laying on my bed with Emilee curled into my side. Fred wasn't in the room and there was a note on my night stand.
Honey,
I'll finish sleeping in the guest room I can't sleep with two people. When I wake up I'm going to go to the store. She's gonna need more. I love you the boys are still not back don't worry.
Fred

I sighed and looked at my daughter. She laid with her head on my breast and an arm wrapped around me. But she was curled into fetal position.
I rubbed her back making her straighten out and wrap her legs around my body. I think she thought she was wrapped around Jake.
I knew that when she woke up she was going to be practically dead so I let her sleep while I laid there thinking.
Loosing her husband. Of one year. Like shit. There love never even got a chance to go beyond there.