14.

"Fred." He looked up from his phone at me.
"Yes baby?" He turned his phone off and patted the spot on the couch next to him. I sat down placing my hand instinctively on his knee.
"What would you have done if we never worked out after what Emilee did?" He looked at me confused.
"Well I would have chased you harder. After that first date I knew I had to keep you." I smiled and looked at him.
"What would you have done if we didn't work out after the first date?" He chuckled slightly.
"I would have stayed single and most likely internet stalked you." I giggled.
"Oh really?" He leaned forward and kissed me lightly.
"I love you never forget that." He whispered.
"I love you too." He looked at his watch.
"Oops time for me to get to work." He kissed me one more time before standing up and walking to the door of the hotel. He picked up his bag and sunglasses.
"I love you." I smiled and he grabbed his keys then left. I took a deep breath.
I sat there for a moment before my phone started ringing.
Emilee.
"Em what's up?" "Ya gotta help me!" "What?" "Ginny is trying to set me up with a guy named Nicholas Hoult." "He's good looking." "Lana! I don't want to date him I also don't want to be rude!" "That's a first." "Har har. I like another guy. I went on a date with him yesterday." "Oh what's his name?" "Jake T. Austin." I gasped. "That's the kid off of that Disney Wizard show!" "Ya. Help me!" "Fine I'll talk to Ginny." "Thanks bye." "Bye." I hung up and dialed Ginny.
"Hey." "Don't make her go on a date with him." "Oh you mean Nicholas? They hit it off great!" "Ginny look Emilee was just being nice. She likes a different guy!" "Lana. If Emilee doesn't want to go on a date with him she has to tell him. I'm not making her go. He asked her to go." "Oh well then talk to him!" "Lana she's an adult. She can do it herself. Now I have to go. Josh took the boys to Disney land. I'm going to meet them." She hung up.
Well shit.

It's been a few days sense Emilee called me. I'm worried something happened because she'll either text or call me each day.
You might say that it was just paranoia, but it was more.
I was scrolling through channels when I came across the news.
*We have just received news that a young lady has found the cure to a rare cancer.* said the man.
*really what's here name?* he sighed.
*she wants to remain anonymous so I don't know. The only people that do are the ones that she was working with.* the woman gasped.
*is she at least getting paid?* he shrugged.
*no one knows. This cancer is related to the ovary cancer but it targets the eggs.* a paper was handed to him. *we will now go an interview with the leading doctor that worked with this young lady.* the camera went to a room with a man about 35.
*tell us. Who is this mysterious woman that was able to find this cure?*
*she wishes to remain anonymous for various reasons. She is an exceptional woman. She was able to find this cure in less than a week.*
*how did she do that?*
*shes smart.* he winked and the interview was over.
What the hell? I turned the tv off and got on my phone and went to my media to see that it was plastered all over that as well. I went to Emilee's profiles. She hasn't posted anything since I talked to her last.
Thats strange. I pulled up Emilees number and called.
"You reached Emilee call back later or I'll call you!" It beeped. "Answer your phone when I call!" I hung up feeling a bit angry.
I got up grabbing my keys and shoes and made my way to my car.
I slammed my door shut starting it up and putting my seat belt on. I backed out of my parking spot and drove. I didn't know where but I did.
I ended up going to Fred's and I's old house. It was still vacant. I parked my car and started walking around the property. That's when I saw Emilees art shed. I walked up to the quote covered door and tried the knob. Unlocked. I pushed it open to see two paintings on the wall hanging neatly.
One was blue and said ,"Being brave is not the same as not being scared. It's deciding that somethings more important than being scared." I smiled weakly. The second was a reddish color and said in pretty lettering,"Once Upon A Time." My heart shattered.
I think Emilee did care.
"M'am? Your not supposed to be here." I turned around to see a man wearing working cloths covered in dirt.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"I'm John. The gardener. Those have been here sense the last folk moved out. They where in the garbage. I figured I'd put them so when people come to look they might like this place a bit more." He smiled.
"Oh. I used to live here." He raised his brows.
"Oh. Why didn't you take them with you?" He asked whipping his hand on a cloth.
"I didn't know my daughter made these." I whispered me turned back to look at them.
"You can take them if you want." He offered. I took a deep breath before stepping forward and taking them off the wall.
"Thank you." I smiled and walked out the door to my car. I placed them in the passenger seat before driving back to my hotel.
When I arrived to my room I set them up side down on the counter. That's when I noticed that there was writing inside the box frame.
She was always there. Even when I didn't want her to be.