17.

"This may sound rude officer but To uh....what the hell do you mean she is missing?" I snapped at the officer on my porch.
"Well m'am he neighbor said that she hasn't been home for a couple of days and I've talked to everyone on her contacts because she left her phone on her porch and she hasn't contacted anyone sense last Saturday." That was the day Fred went to her place. He said she left in her truck and he hasn't spoken to her sense.
"Well she is an adult so I don't think she's missing. More as has gone into hiding for what I do not know." Fred said walking up behind me. That's when I remembered Emilee saying something about a horse.
"Thank you for your concern officer but I know where she is. May I have her phone please?" I held my hand out for the iPhone in his hand. He smiled and handed the device over.
"Your welcome." He backed away and went to his car.
I grabbed my keys off the rack and went out the door to my car. Fred in tow. He got in and buckled his seat belt. I rolled my eyes.
I sped out of the drive to the stables.
When we got there I practically ran into the building.
"Emilee!" I yelled. A man stepped out of a room that had the word office engraved on it.
"M'am can I help you?" He asked concerned.
"Yes which stall contains Emilee Deblasios horse?" I asked frantic.
"Right this way. Your Lana Parrilla her step mom right?" He asked leading the way down a long hall of stalls.
"Yes and this is her father Fred." My husband grabbed my hand and squeezed it following us. He stopped in front of a stall with a plaque that said,'Brandy: Deblasio' in fancy lettering.
"She came in the other day and took the horse saddled and left. Haven't seen her sense. The stall boy came in each mourning to a clean stall. She hasn't brought it back sense so I don't know where she is." He explained. I thought about it for a moment.
"Do you know which way she went?" I asked. He nodded.
"Right out that door into the woods." He said pointing to an open side door.
"Can we borrow two horses?" I asked he brightened up.
"Yes and sense your in a hurry you can do the paper work and pay the fee when you get back follow me." He walked down the hall and turned left. He can in front of two stalls. One holding a plain brown mare, the other holding a grey one with a black mane. He brought them out and saddled them. He handed me the reins of the brown one and helped me on. Luckily I chose to wear pants today. Fred mounted his and we were lead out the door he said she went out of. When I had gotten used to my horse I kicked her into a gallup.
I looked back to see Fred holding his own and went a little faster. I went down a trail and started calling her name. When we came to a fork I told Fred to go one way and I'd go the other. If either of us found her we'd call.
I road a little father till I could see something moving in my side view. I looked toward where it had come from to see a light colored horses with a saddle walking of trail. There wasn't a rider on it so I decided to check it out. I guided my horse of trail toward the horse. When all of a sudden a black figure swung up and kicked the horse into a dead run. I chased after as best I could before coming to a fallen log that the rider jumped. My horse didn't jump nor did I want her to if she could. I went around and chased after. About an hour later I could no longer see the rider. When I came to a clearing I stayed  on the hair line of the trees.
I looked around till I spotted the horse unsaddled eating the green long grass.
The rider was laying on its back looking at the blue sky.
I took a deep breath before riding up beside the rider. They had a hood over their face but I could tell it was a woman.
"Hello. How long were you following me?" She asked. I chuckled.
"Well seems as if I found the mysterious rider." She just crossed her legs. "I saw your horse walking of trail and I was going to check it out but then I saw you take off." She giggled.
"What can I do for you?" She asked skidding off. Her hood fell down her face.
"I'm looking for someone. Her name is Emilee." Her head shot up.
"Emilee? Your looking for her?" She asked like I was crazy.
"She's my daughter." She picked the blanket up and placed it on the horse before going to work at reassign it.
"I know who she is and I have a good idea where she is." She exclaimed mounting.
"Please. Lead the way." She nodded and walked to the other side of the clearing.
"My name is Brooke by the way." I nodded.
"Lana."
"Ok Lana. Do you know why Emilee came to my cabin crying?" She asked not looking back.
"No I don't." I said confused.
"Oh. Well Emilee and I have been friends sense we were young. I work at the stable. She comes to my cabin when she wants to talk." My heart broke.
"Oh." Was all I could manage to get out.
The rest of the ride was silent. I texted Fred to go back to the stables and wait for me I found her.

A while later we came to a small but cute looking wood cabin. She tied her horse to a post next to a trough.
"Tie her up next to mine and follow me."
I got down feeling my sore mussels stretch. I did as told and walked over to the door where she was waiting.
She opened the door and I was met with the sound of music and the smell of something cooking.
"I'm back!" She yelled hanging her coat on a rack. That's when I saw her for the first time. She had long brown hair slightly curled a muscular build, with green eyes. Not like Jens but a beautiful green.
"In the kitchen! I'm cooking white chili!" I'm guessing Emilee yelled that.
"Smells good." She walked over to a dinning room and sat at the table.  I sat next to her and waited not knowing what to do.
"Oh." I looked up to see her standing in the door way. "Lana I didn't expect you." I knew she did just not so soon.
"I came to give you this." I took her phone from my pocket and placed it on the table.
"Brooke could you excuse us for a moment? Will you stir the chili?" Brooke nodded and got up and walked to the kitchen.
She grabbed her phone and walked out the front door. I scrambled to follow her.
"What are you really doing here?" She asked leaning against the hitch.
"I came looking for you. You haven't talked to me in a while and I was worried. Then no one has seen of heard from you in a couple days it worried me further." I whispered standing next to her.
"Well I'm fine I'm just clearing my head. Did dad tell you what happened when he came over to my house?" She asked gritting her teeth.
"No he didn't." I looked at her.
"My mother came with him. She tried to apologize but I can't forgive her for what she did! How could she not believe her own daughter over him?!" She screamed crying. I looked at her confused. "How could she have the nerve to show up when I'm getting my life together and expect me to believe her?!" She screamed again.
"Emilee what happened?" I asked holding her shoulders.
"He hit me and did worse stuff and she said I was a liar and kicked me out of her house after I kissed Brooke!" She cried leaning forward so her head was resting on my chest. I pulled her in and hugged her till her breathing calmed.
"Who did that stuff to you?" I asked gently.
"Her ex." She mumbled. She pulled back and pulled up her shirt. For a moment I thought she was going to strip but she stopped at the crest of her breast. I looked to see a scar where there had been obviously stitches.
"Oh god." I said tracing the scar. I looked to her and she put her shirt back down.
"I'm sorry for everything. I really am." I pulled her in and gave her a hug.
"How long has he been doing it?" I whispered closing my eyes so I did t cry myself.
"Sense she started dating him which was when I was 12." Everything made sense now. When she would come over with bruises or different injuries it wasn't from her being clumsy like she said it was from that baster'd. Every time she would have night mares and I would have to wake her up because she would be thrashing it was because of him.
"I'm sorry baby." I kissed her head and led her back into the house.