3.

I walked in the house with Jack and Patt.
"We're home!" I shouted. Nothing. I set my bags down.
"Emilee? Lana? Maatt!" Still nothing.
"Maybe they went out. It's six now." Jack looked at his watch.
"Lana was supposed to be back from her audition at five." Patt jumped on the couch reaching for the remote. I walked around the house checking rooms. I went to the back door to see Lana and Patt jumping on the trampoline. I furrowed my brow.
"Where's Emilee?" I shouted at the giggling couple when I slid the door open.
"I think she's out in her studio if she's not in the garage!" Lana yelled picking Matt up and pretending to throw him down in a smack.
I walked out gliding the door back into place and walking to the small building.
I heard country music from inside indicating that she was in fact in there.
I knocked lightly and pushed the light blue door that had different movie quotes painted in fancy white paint.
I grinned when I saw her painting a portrait of a cow boy boot.

"Reck my plans baby it's alright. I can be in the front row of the best show see your face on my phone and I'm gone." She sang slightly swaying.
"How was your day?" I asked startling her.
"God how long have you been there?" She asked placing her paint wheel down.
"Not long. What happened while I was gone? You and Lana aren't at each other's throats so I guess you guys are getting along." She shrugged.
"Nothing really I've been out here sense she's been back. This mourning nothing really happened I stayed in my room." I sat down on a stool.
"Do you like her?" I asked suspiciously.
"What kind of question is that?" She countered not wanting to answer.
"Fine don't answer. But there is gonna be some rules." She rolled her eyes and groaned sitting down on another stool.
"What?" She whined.
"Well first your going to be nice. If you pull anything to upset her and I hear about it you will be grounded. And second try to like her even if you don't want to." I reasoned.
"Well I guess we will see. By the way I'm going to moms tomorrow. Alex wanted to have a sleep over." She went back to painting.
"Why can't Alex come over here?" Lana was at the door smiling.
"Because my sleep over stuff is at my moms and she lives next door to me any ways. Mom will be here at nine." I sighed and stood.
"Fine. Remember to clean that drain in your sink so the paint doesn't dry." I reminded and walked out with Lana in tow.
"Your a great father you know that right?" She asked leaning on my shoulder.
"Well if you put it that way." The rest of the night we lounged in the warm air. I made bar-b-q wings. Everyone was happy.
Lana told us about her audition and how she meet a boy that was trying for the spot as her son. She also told us how she practically scared the producers. The boys were all light and up beat. Emilee kept to herself reading or on her phone. I sighed knowing she won't come around for awhile.